Help Needed Asap

Decorating By sweet_cravings Updated 26 Apr 2012 , 6:41pm by Marianna46

sweet_cravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_cravings Posted 24 Apr 2012 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 2

Totally new in here..
Want to make 2 tired square cakes covered in fondant. Planning 2 layers & filling inbetween for each tire... My choices are Red Velvet at the bottom, strawberry / raspberry or mango mousse (done using heavy whipping cream & unflavored geletin) & top layer would be either pure white or Angel food white cake. Crumb coat under fondant I usually do butter cream but this time want to try White chocolate ganache.

What do you think ..
1) this combination sounds good?
2) will this combo stay fresh & neat 6-8 hrs at room temp?
3) never used ganach before & not with fondant.. will these 2 go well with eachother?
4) how do I carry/deliver this cake .. I have read commute option/tips but did not find anything about cake box.. I mean tired cake's goes in bigger/taller box or open?? Also if it goes in box where can I find such big box?.. I have never seen any in Michael's craft shop or anywhere.. This would be VERY formal party.. don't want to goof up..

So worried for whole thing... PLEASE help me

TONS Thanks in advance to helping me..

1 reply
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 26 Apr 2012 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 2

My personal choice would be raspberry mousse with the red velvet cake. Just be sure to use plenty of gelatin so the mousse won't squish out from between the layers of the cake. White cake would be your best bet for the top tier, because angel food is very delicate and doesn't stand up to fondant well. Make sure you've put in the proper supports for the bottom tier, especially if you have to transport it any distance. What are you going to fill the top tier with? Actually, pretty much anything goes well with white cake. Ganache goes great under fondant - I never use anything else unless I'm specifically asked not to use chocolate in the cake. Sounds delish, by the way! I never transport my cakes in a box. I put it in the (squeaky clean) trunk of my car on top of some non-skid material and drive very sedately.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%