Package This Cake

Decorating By trishalynn0708 Updated 24 Apr 2012 , 2:58pm by Ashleyssweetdesigns

trishalynn0708 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trishalynn0708 Posted 24 Apr 2012 , 1:44pm
post #1 of 7

I need to deliver a cake similar to the one that I posted... The one posted is NOT my cake........ Can anyone tell me how you deliver 2 or more tiered cakes??

Also, do you store your cakes in the fridge until it's time to deliver or do you just leave them out on the counter?? Mine is all buttercream
LL

6 replies
jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 24 Apr 2012 , 1:55pm
post #2 of 7

You could do it similar to the photo - - this is a really easy design and you can embellish and do all different sizes and colors of dots.

This looks like a 6" - 10" with a smaller 6" for the smash cake. I personally don't do smash cakes over 4", but I also try to limit the amount of mess the little one is going to make - - don't know why since I'm not going to be the one cleaning it up.

You'll need some support for the top tier, whether you go SPS or just dowels between the cake boards.

Relax and have fun. Be sure to post pics. thumbs_up.gif

trishalynn0708 Posted 24 Apr 2012 , 1:56pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgifford

You could do it similar to the photo - - this is a really easy design and you can embellish and do all different sizes and colors of dots.

This looks like a 6" - 10" with a smaller 6" for the smash cake. I personally don't do smash cakes over 4", but I also try to limit the amount of mess the little one is going to make - - don't know why since I'm not going to be the one cleaning it up.

You'll need some support for the top tier, whether you go SPS or just dowels between the cake boards.

Relax and have fun. Be sure to post pics. thumbs_up.gif

Thanks so much!!! Look for the picture in my photos on Friday.. =)

jgifford Posted 24 Apr 2012 , 1:59pm
post #4 of 7

icon_confused.gif Did I lose my mind or did you edit your OP between the time I looked at it and the time I answered it?

trishalynn0708 Posted 24 Apr 2012 , 2:01pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgifford

icon_confused.gif Did I lose my mind or did you edit your OP between the time I looked at it and the time I answered it?

LOL.. I edited it after you replied because I agree with everything you said.. And I forgot to put in there how to package to deliver the cake and since you already answered my other questions I wrote them down and just edited my post to help with my delivery.

jgifford Posted 24 Apr 2012 , 2:06pm
post #6 of 7

Whew! That was scary - - thanks. icon_wink.gif

Ashleyssweetdesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ashleyssweetdesigns Posted 24 Apr 2012 , 2:58pm
post #7 of 7

I use various size boxes to deliver my cakes. I cut one of the sides of the box and after I transfer the cake in the box I retape it up. I try to use boxes that almost fit the dimension of my cake board to prevent to much sliding around. It all depends on where you live if there is a lot of humidity I wouldn't leave it on the counter. There really is no hurt in putting it in the fridge because by the time you deliver it and the clients eat it it will come back to room temp.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%