How Do You Transport A Wedding Tiered Cake Up To 4 Tier.

Business By newbie072 Updated 28 Apr 2012 , 1:17am by Tracey2528

newbie072 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newbie072 Posted 23 Apr 2012 , 2:23pm
post #1 of 5

Hi fellow cakers,
How do you transport a wedding cake up to 4 tier, do you deliver them stacked already or unstacked specialy when it's 72 miles or 1 hour and 30 mins driving? What do you suggest? Some told me to deliver them stacked and I will be fine, but I'm not comfortable with it. Did any of you all have success delivering assembled cake before withou any problem? Please advise.....

This is my first biggest one cake to deliver, I delivered cake before up to 3 tier ( small one ) and already assembled all I have to do is drop off the cake at the venue and it's not that far driving either, maybe 5-10 mins driving.

Thank All In Advance...newbie

4 replies
debidehm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debidehm Posted 23 Apr 2012 , 3:37pm
post #2 of 5

I personally would rather be safe than sorry. I travel with the cakes not stacked, or at most, 2 stacked, and put on the rest of the tiers when I'm at the location. There are a lot of people that do travel with the cake already stacked. I guess it would depend on your comfort level. icon_smile.gif

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 23 Apr 2012 , 3:39pm
post #3 of 5

You can, but it depends on your vehicle (does it have good shocks!) temp outside, roads you are traveling, what support system you use...
If you use the sps system, you would be ok transporting.
I use stress free supports, and am also very comfortable.
If this is a business for you, then I would recommend CakeSafe. It is worth the money and you can transport your cakes without any worries. But you would have to be transporting tiered cakes on a regular basis to justify the cost.

arlenej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arlenej Posted 27 Apr 2012 , 11:15pm
post #4 of 5

Where I live we have some of the world's worst roads, I think, and I simply CANnot run the risk of transporting a fully stacked cake. The tallest I've gone is two 2 tiers, and even then there was a LOT of praying going on. But I just goggled CakeSafe and I must admit, it looks mighty tempting. Not that it's available where I am but still, really tempting...

Tracey2528 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracey2528 Posted 28 Apr 2012 , 1:17am
post #5 of 5

If it's 3 tiers or less then I'll deliver it stacked most of the time. Depending on where I'm going and how bad the roads are I sometimes stack when I get to the delivery site. I can't deliver a 4 tier stacked simply because it's too heavy for me!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%