Sushi Cake

Decorating By Sperez14 Updated 23 Apr 2012 , 6:45pm by mimido

Sperez14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sperez14 Posted 22 Apr 2012 , 10:43pm
post #1 of 7

I am going to attempt a sushi cake this next weekend for my husband's bday, but I hate sushi! I really don't know what it's supposed to look like, and although I have searched the hundreds of pictures here, I'm still not confident I can do it... Any advice, or tips are appreciated....

6 replies
Goreti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goreti Posted 22 Apr 2012 , 11:20pm
post #2 of 7

Have you checked for videos on utube? I found these not sure if this is what you had in mind.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 22 Apr 2012 , 11:25pm
post #3 of 7

oh my! it was sooo easy when i started mine for my mom's sushi mini cakes. really, you just have to utilize things that "look" like they could be made into sushi. for mine i used white jimmies for the rice, the outside "seaweed" I used these dark green round parielles, then i went into the fondant aspect of making something look like fish or crab. think of it as putting a puzzle piece together...they were actually really fun!

Polarcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Polarcakes Posted 23 Apr 2012 , 12:44pm
post #4 of 7

Lauren Kitchens has a dvd on sushi created using modelling chocolate. Not sure if you`d have enough time to order it.

https://www.fancycakesbylauren.com/dvds.html

I have also done a sushi cake myself ( love sushi).

Sperez14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sperez14 Posted 23 Apr 2012 , 2:36pm
post #5 of 7

thank you

Pickulz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pickulz Posted 23 Apr 2012 , 6:30pm
post #6 of 7

Ive done a sushi cake as well...its not that hard...
Perhaps try and make a california roll, sushi with roe - its fairly simple..
good luck!

mimido Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimido Posted 23 Apr 2012 , 6:45pm
post #7 of 7

The sushi cake in my picture was made with fruit roll ups , twinkies, and different candy. The plate and chop sticks were made out of fondant

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%