Chocolate Mold Disaster :(

Sugar Work By Hellocat3 Updated 3 May 2012 , 2:36am by planetsomsom

Hellocat3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hellocat3 Posted 21 Apr 2012 , 3:48am
post #1 of 4

Hi every one icon_biggrin.gif , so I'm new at making chocolate molds and I have a big problem ,in making it into diffrent Colors lets say it's the crown with the princess name , this it's what I do I paint the letters first in pink , put it in the frezer then After some minutes I take it out and pour the white chocolate on top and I tap it to let the air bubbles out Then that's when the pink drips to the sides, and it looks ugly ,and I hate it .can anyone give me tips. Thanks soo much icon_smile.gif

3 replies
Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 21 Apr 2012 , 4:21am
post #2 of 4

When you say "Paint with pink" do you mean pink-coloured white chocolate/candy melts? Or pink food colouring?

If its the former, when you add the white chocolate, make sure its NOT too hot. White chocolate will remain workable for quite a long time. Spoon it in directly and carefully onto the set pink areas, then add the rest of the white. Tap gently to remove bubbles.

I haven't painted moulds before in anything other than melted coloured chocolate, so I can't offer any words of advice if you're using a food colouring medium other than choc.

HTH

Jeannem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannem Posted 22 Apr 2012 , 7:49pm
post #3 of 4

If you're painting the pink FIRST and it's pink that is causing the problem, you must be smearing the pink somehow. Once it's hardened, it's not going to move anywhere.

planetsomsom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
planetsomsom Posted 3 May 2012 , 2:36am
post #4 of 4

Have you tried cocoa butter colours? Those are neat.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%