Thank You Cc For Making Me Scam Proof

Lounge By traci_doodle Updated 22 Jul 2012 , 10:46pm by costumeczar

traci_doodle Posted 21 Apr 2012 , 12:01am
post #1 of 5

I am moving from NY to CA soon and I have listed several items on craigslist, including our table/hutch set. I got this response today, and I couldn't help but laugh, since I have read so many posts in a similar vein on here, except involving cake:

Thanks for writing back...but I'm sorry I won't be able to come see it anymore embarking on a 4 weeks radiotherapy treatment tomorrow morning, was gonna be coming to your town that got changed but I still want it anyway,getting it for my God daughter cos i want to present it as a gift. If you could sell it to me when I get to St Vincent Medical center new Mexico ...
I will mail you my bank official check to cover the cost and also add funds to cover the shipping to where it will be needed.I'll arrange for a shipper/mover to handle the pick up and delivery so it doesn't stress you. I really need this, quite important and urgent. I will be more than glad if it can be sold to me. Email me back with your full name, address and your phone number for the check, write back soon. Thank you

4 replies
Momofjaic Posted 21 Apr 2012 , 12:09am
post #2 of 5

Too funny!

Wildgirl Posted 21 Apr 2012 , 7:47pm
post #3 of 5

Oh please. I wonder what the percentage of people actually bite on things like this! Anyway, hope your stuff sells quickly and easily - and you have an uneventful cross-country move!

docofthedead Posted 11 Jul 2012 , 1:32am
post #4 of 5

There are sevearl sites dedicated to different types of scams, and "scambaiting". If you go to Scamwarners.com you should be able to post your particular scam attempt so that others, when searching, will be able to see that it is a scam. It has never occurred to me to see if any of the bakers have posted their experiences with the scammers. The other site, called 419Eater.com is dedicated to scam baiting. essentially, it is where people go to post their stories of stringing along the scammers with the promise of some sort of payday with the sole purpose of wasting their time so they don't have time to actuallly contact somebody that would actually be taken in by them. They both make for fun reading!!

I wish you well on your move!!

costumeczar Posted 22 Jul 2012 , 10:46pm
post #5 of 5

I love scammers, they're so predictable.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%