Need Help With 3D Chick Cake From Debbie Brown Book

Decorating By LoriMc Updated 21 Apr 2012 , 2:24am by theresaf

LoriMc Posted 20 Apr 2012 , 3:51pm
post #1 of 6

Trying to make a 3 D chick cake and I have seen some cute ones that referenced the Debbie Brown book. Can anyone tell me what kind of pans she uses? I PM'd the person who made this cake, but haven't heard back.

5 replies
cubbycakes Posted 20 Apr 2012 , 4:10pm
post #2 of 6

I have a Debbie brown book, but not with that chicken in it. For her cakes with similar shapes she uses "oven proof bowls or domed shaped tins". It looks like you could stack a dome on top of a, say 8", round and carve a little bit for the chicken body and then just mini ball pan for its head?? I'm new to this but that's how I would try it. Good luck

LoriMc Posted 21 Apr 2012 , 1:41am
post #3 of 6

Ugh. I don't have the mini ball pan. Looks like I'm carving this thing. icon_cry.gif

eperales0411 Posted 21 Apr 2012 , 2:04am
post #4 of 6

Hi there, just wanted to give you my advise. I would use the bear pan and cut off the body parts you don't need (ears, legs, ect...) and then carve a little to make the shape you want..... or you can use the wonder mold for the bottom and the ball pan for the head, depending on what size you need, remember the bear pan takes one recipe and with the wonder mold and ball pan you would probably need two recipes. I have done a few 3D cakes with the bear pan, like pinguines, a snow man, and La Chilindrina (a mexican character). You just have to shave off whatever you don't need from the cake. Well I hope this helps you... Good Luck!!

Goreti Posted 21 Apr 2012 , 2:07am
post #5 of 6

She uses a 2 litre (4 pint/10 cup) oven proof bowl & a .5 litre (1pint/2 1/2 cup) ovenproof bowl--1/2 fill small bowl then put the remaining mix into the large bowl. If you need the directions on how to decorate the cake, let me know. I actually have this book on loan from the library right now and can let you know the directions is you need them.

theresaf Posted 21 Apr 2012 , 2:24am
post #6 of 6

I don't know what cake is Debbie Brown's but here's the cake I made for Easter. I called it Peep cake but it is a chick. If i didn't paste it right it's the first one in my gallery. I used a 9x13 pan, and 2 glass bowls. Ball pan not necessary! If this is what you're looking for, pm me for more info!

Quote by @%username% on %date%