Decorating By Cher2309b Updated 23 Apr 2012 , 6:57pm by kakeladi

Cher2309b Posted 20 Apr 2012 , 3:27am
post #1 of 2

Query: What is it called when you lay a fondant shape (say a flower or some zebra stripes) on top of rolled fondant and roll it in so that it's all level and smooth?
I gather for an INLAY you cut out a shape from the rolled fondant and replace it with the same shape in a different colour.
For an ONLAY or APPLIQUE you place the shape on top of the rolled fondant and leave it raised.
So what is it when you lay the shape on top of the fondant and roll it in flat?

Happy caking,

1 reply
kakeladi Posted 23 Apr 2012 , 6:57pm
post #2 of 2

My personal experience has showed that by doing that the add on gets out of shape.
I make the add on as thin as possible and just lay it on.
To me that is an APPLIQUE icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%