Selling Cake Pops/cupcakes Outside????

Baking By sleepy20520 Updated 20 Apr 2012 , 12:00am by Ashleyssweetdesigns

sleepy20520 Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 9:35pm
post #1 of 3

So we were invited to be a vendor at a local craft fair, which we really want to do! but the only issue is the booths are outside in June....ya its hot! we wanted to sell cake pops but im pretty sure these will melt quickly.... ive actually had one outside before in april and it melted after about 30 minutes and it wasnt even that hot!
anyways, we thought about not doing cake pops and doing cupcakes instead, but i wasnt sure how even the buttercream would hold up there.

anyone have any ideas? i know ive heard of others selling at farmers markets, etc.... but how without it melting!

2 replies
shanter Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 11:43pm
post #2 of 3

You could put a tray full of ice on the table with a rack over it and place the cupcakes on the rack. You could also make a bucket of ice and stick the cake pops in there. Also maybe a little fan on the table?

Ashleyssweetdesigns Posted 20 Apr 2012 , 12:00am
post #3 of 3

Im not sure if I would even attempt it. Maybe you can bring a portfolio to show your cake pops and cupcakes and if people are interested you can sell them from a large cooler under the table or something. Thats all I can think of.

Quote by @%username% on %date%