How To Get A Dripping Chocolate Edge Effect? Help

Decorating By TeriO Updated 19 Apr 2012 , 11:08pm by carmijok

TeriO Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 7:07pm
post #1 of 3

I am making a grooms cake and I want to put put chocolate dripping around the edge. Do I use ganache? How do I do it? any ideas? Need Quick help, thanks.

2 replies
AnnieCahill Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 7:37pm
post #2 of 3

Yes, use mostly cooled ganache that is still pourable. It should be thick like molasses. It also helps if the cake is chilled before pouring so that the drips kind of "harden" in place. It's really easy to do.

carmijok Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 11:08pm
post #3 of 3

Yes, use ganache and while it is at room temp and still pourable, put in a squeeze bottle and go around the edge of your cake. I've found I have more control over the drips this way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%