Pastry Pride

Decorating By SRumzis Updated 7 May 2012 , 5:05am by mom2twogrlz

SRumzis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SRumzis Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 6:37pm
post #1 of 6

Ok, so if you're like my you've had a hard time finding official timelines (not hearsay, which varies wildly) on how long opened and whipped Pastry Pride stays good (as in it should be eaten within that time period). I spoke to Debbie, who works for Cremes Unlimited, the current manufacturer of Pastry Pride, and here are the official timelines:

Pastry Pride, once thawed and whipped, lasts 5 days unrefrigerated, and 7 days refrigerated. There may be many of you who already knew this, but I've also read a lot of posts on CC that did not have these facts straight, so there you go... officially!

5 replies
Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 22 Apr 2012 , 2:40am
post #2 of 6

Thanks! I appreciate you sharing the information.

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 22 Apr 2012 , 6:51pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks for the 411!! icon_wink.gif

lyndim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndim Posted 22 Apr 2012 , 7:46pm
post #4 of 6

Pastry Pride can also be frozen after it's been whipped.

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 7 May 2012 , 4:11am
post #5 of 6

Ok, so any idea how PP holds up to freezing? Say if I was to mix some instant jello pudding with it, fill a cake, then freeze said cake for carving(mad hatter style) will it hold up or is this a cake disaster waiting to happen? TIA!

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 7 May 2012 , 5:05am
post #6 of 6

I don't know how it will hold up after applied to the cake and frozen, but I freeze my whipped Pastry Pride all the time. It hold up really well, but I find it does need a little re-whipping to get the firm consistency after being frozen. It seems to deflate some after being frozen and needs a little help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%