Help Finding This Tool

Decorating By tootie0809 Updated 19 Apr 2012 , 4:56pm by jgifford

tootie0809 Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 4:23pm
post #1 of 7

Anyone know what tool will make this design on a cake? I've looked everywhere!

6 replies
blissfulbaker Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 4:46pm
post #2 of 7

My guess would be that a crimper made that design. Global Sugar Art sells them.

MsGF Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 4:47pm
post #3 of 7

Check out this tool. Click on the photo to enlarge it. I know it isn't exact because it has little diamonds in the center. But this is basically all it is. HTH

nicunurse Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 4:47pm
post #4 of 7

Perhaps it was made with a crimper?? Just my guess icon_smile.gif

BlakesCakes Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 4:47pm
post #5 of 7

I believe that it's the FMM straight frill cutter on the far right shown in the pic below:


After embossing vertically with it, a small tool was used to make tiny "pleat" marks at the thin spots & a sugar pearl was placed .


tootie0809 Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 4:55pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks everyone! I will check into the crimper, and I do have those frill cutters, so I'll go check through them and see if it's maybe one of those. I would have never thought of a crimper or a frill cutter, so I appreciate everyone's input!!

jgifford Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 4:56pm
post #7 of 7

Wow! You are good! I never would have spotted that. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%