Iphone App For Recipes

Baking By allcupcakedout Updated 19 Apr 2012 , 10:10pm by AnnieCahill

allcupcakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allcupcakedout Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 3:05pm
post #1 of 9

I have been struggling. I want a place where I can load my recipes from my computer to a website that also has an app for my iPhone that will sync my recipes so I can easily pull them on my iPhone. Anyone have any suggestions? I've been using BigOven but you have to enter each measurement into it and have screwed them up quite a few times!!

8 replies
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 5:39pm
post #2 of 9

I don't know of a specific program for that but Carbonite is on online computer backup service ($50 a year or something) that updates their servers with all file changes as you make them. They have a free app where you can access all of your documents on you phone (including those recipes you'd have saved) as well as a website so you can do the same from any computer. Not to mention your computer could catch on fire and you'd still have all of your data safe icon_smile.gif

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 5:50pm
post #3 of 9

Another option would be putting all your recipes in a Google Docs document and accessing it with an app like GoDocs on the iPhone. GoDocs will let you edit the Google doc on your phone, and the changes will be reflected on your computer (or anywhere else you acccess the document) since it is in the cloud.

Google Docs is free and GoDocs costs $5.

allcupcakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allcupcakedout Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 6:28pm
post #4 of 9

terrific idea with Google Docs!!! Let me give this a try! Thank you!

MarianInFL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MarianInFL Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 6:35pm
post #5 of 9

Oh, Dear God, I just realized how old and unsavvy I am.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 7:29pm
post #6 of 9

I don't have any Apple devices but my supervisor does, and we both use this:

http://www.pepperplate.com/

It is seriously awesome. I've been using it for a few months now. You can import or format your own, and there is room for comments. I love it!

stormrider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stormrider Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 7:49pm
post #7 of 9

You can also use Evernote - it's great because you can set up loads of "notebooks" which makes it easy to find things. All searchable and you can save all kinds of docs, pdfs, photos, videos, etc.

Jenise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenise Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 8:15pm
post #8 of 9

Just downloaded pepperplate and gonna try it out. This would be so helpful when I just can't remember that last thing that I need. icon_lol.gif

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 10:10pm
post #9 of 9

Obviously what I like most about Pepperplate is that it's web-based, so if your PC dies all your recipes are out on the cloud.

Annie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%