Cake Shows - Have You Been?

Decorating By Claire138 Updated 21 Apr 2012 , 2:35am by Ashleyssweetdesigns

Claire138 Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 2:43pm
post #1 of 7

I am thinking of attending an upcoming cake show in London but bc it will be expensive for me (I live in France so have to take the train) I am wondering if these shows are worth the expense? I have never been before and am curious & would love to go but I am also conscious of how much this will cost so want to make sure it is not a complete waste of money. If anyone has any thoughts can you please respond?

6 replies
kakeladi Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 11:20pm
post #2 of 7

Each show is different icon_smile.gif It depends on how long the show has been presented - the longer the more chance it has a good following. It also depends on what else it offered . Many shows, at least here in the states, offer demos and even a class or two one can take to learn more.
Hopefully someone from your area will know more and offer some help.

Ashleyssweetdesigns Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 11:34pm
post #3 of 7

I went to my first one last year and was not impressed at all. Very unorganized and did not follow there own guidelines. Im going to one in a few weeks and it's def going to be expensive seeing as I have to drive 4 hours away however its a two day event and theres like 30 classes and free demos. It seems like it's going to be a blast. Do the research and make sure it's worth it before you commit. I also love the fact that the show Im going to allows cake dummies. It's going to be way less stressful to travel with than real cake which is what I did last year.

melonball Posted 20 Apr 2012 , 5:42am
post #4 of 7

Cake international has been around for a few yEars it is held in November at the NEC. It's very busy! This year they have a second show in London next week that one is brand new and called the cake & baking show.
At the NEC last year there were lots of trade stalls, demonstrates, lots of the top uk decorators with their own stalls, a few have a go areas, the competition area with live competitions and the main classes and then a couple of demonstration rooms which you have to pay for.
Last November tickets sold out so book in advance. Quite a few of the demonstrations are already booked up, and the competition entries are now closed.

Hope that helps?

I've entered a competition and getting a bit tense with my entry at the moment!

Claire138 Posted 20 Apr 2012 , 4:49pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks for the advice. I'm leaning towards not going bc it seems really late to organize plus the demos I'd have gone to are fully booked - wish I'd have known about the show earlier.

Good luck MelonBall, I hope it goes well for you.

mbranko24 Posted 21 Apr 2012 , 2:18am
post #6 of 7

Which show are you talking about? I am in DE and was looking for one in he PA/Nj/Md area.

Ashleyssweetdesigns Posted 21 Apr 2012 , 2:35am
post #7 of 7

Great American Cake Show its May 5th & 6th. You can reg. until April 25th. Its in Westminster Maryland at the Caroll County Agricultural Center.

Quote by @%username% on %date%