Pennsylvania Home Bakers...

Business By CiNoRi Updated 29 Apr 2012 , 3:07am by HeyWife

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 2:16am
post #1 of 4

I am moving to or near the Bucks County area. We are quickly in the process of trying to find a home & I am having a DEVIL of a time trying to figure out/ understand the laws for the various township/towns/boroughs. Coming from NC this is all new to me!

For each house we might consider I have tried making calls to the given officials to try to find out if a low impact business (IE no customers/traffic/etc) from my home would be allowed. AND secondly if a 2nd kitchen in the walk out basement is legal as well. I have heard that some towns/etc don't allow this. When I have made calls to confirm...im getting the run around, or people making assumptions, not a single clear answer icon_sad.gif

Being that we are rushing to find a house, and I dont mind doing the leg work and research/ reading into the rule, paperwork, etc... unfortunately time isn't something I have. Is there any chance you would mind giving me your personal feedback? I just need to know on the basics of yes or no on weither to peruse a give area.

If you happen to live in the ares in Bucks County, or within 1 hour of Newtown, PA. Would you mind posting if it is or is not allowed in your area?

I cant thank you enough!!!

3 replies
SugarplumStudio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarplumStudio Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 11:05pm
post #2 of 4

I'm a Bucks Co transplant currently in NJ.
To the best of my knowledge, Newtown township is a yes, while Hatboro, Horsham and Abington townships are a no for zoning. At least that was as current as a couple years ago?

writersblock15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
writersblock15 Posted 23 Apr 2012 , 10:23pm
post #3 of 4

I also live in Bucks County and can tell you that if you live in a neighborhood that is part of an "association" you will have to abide by their bylaws in addition to township laws.

HeyWife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeyWife Posted 29 Apr 2012 , 3:07am
post #4 of 4

I'm in Middletown Twp and a 2nd kitchen isn't allowed. You can get your home kitchen licensed but absolutely no pets.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%