Cake Filling

Decorating By justcyarra Updated 18 Apr 2012 , 12:51pm by Marianna46

justcyarra Posted 17 Apr 2012 , 8:56pm
post #1 of 2

I am making a cake for my sons 10th birthday next week, and he want the bottom layer chocolate cake and the top layer vanilla, he also wants a chocolate fudge filling, my question is, when covering a cake with fondant would I do a chocolate fudge filling and then ice with a butter cream frosting prior to covering with fondant? and does anyone have any good recipes for a chocolate fudge filling?

1 reply
Marianna46 Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 12:51pm
post #2 of 2

I would personally fill and crumb-coat the cake with ganache, which is very easy to make (only 2 ingredients). Use 2 parts of dark or milk chocolate to 1 part of cream by weight (so if you're using a pound of chocolate, use 8 ounces of cream). Finely chop or grate the chocolate or use chocolate chips. Zap these in the microwave in 20-second bursts, stirring after each one, until chocolate is soft. Heat the cream in a saucepan till it bubbles and pour it over the melted chocolate. Stir them together till they're fully mixed. It will be runny. Cover the mixture and let it stand from one day to the next, till it reaches the consistency of peanut butter. Easy, delicious and you can't get much more fudge-y than that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%