Cupcakes For Teacher Gifts?

Baking By dawnybird Updated 28 Nov 2012 , 2:21pm by lizabethy

dawnybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnybird Posted 17 Apr 2012 , 5:41pm
post #1 of 9

Hi cupcakers! I am in need of teacher's gifts and am thinking of making cupcakes. I have 14 teachers to give to, and I was thinking of putting 3 or 4 in a box for each teacher. I need help for decorating ideas and also where I can find gift boxes for cupcakes. (I can find ones that hold a dozen or more, but not small ones. I have to do these by Friday, so please help me if you can! Thanks!

8 replies
cat2512 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cat2512 Posted 17 Apr 2012 , 6:06pm
post #2 of 9

Not sure they have them where you live, but I have found some of the smaller cupcake boxes at 'The Container Store'.

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 17 Apr 2012 , 8:32pm
post #3 of 9

Michael's and Hobby Lobby sell the boxes that hold 4 cupcakes. They come in a package of 3, but they're pricey.

For the decorations, you could always do the "ABC 123" bit, or a little apple on top, or pencils or crayons or books.

That's a lot of cupcakes - - Good Luck.

dawnybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnybird Posted 17 Apr 2012 , 9:57pm
post #4 of 9

Thanks so much for the input, everyone. Glad to know I can find the smaller boxes. I like the idea of little gum paste "school icons" on each one.

bmmcleod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmmcleod Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 1:52am
post #5 of 9

I have made "apple" cupcakes. I used red, green, and yellow liners, iced with corresponding buttercream and dipped in corresponding sugar. Put in a brown fondant stem with green fondant leaf. I then put one of each color into a small disposable bread loaf pan that I found at my local Michael's store. It was a hit!

ChristineCMC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristineCMC Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 2:01am
post #6 of 9

For our preschool teachers, we are going to get them a pretty teacups. We will place a cupcake inside, decorate the top, and wrap in cellophane.

threetexastots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
threetexastots Posted 20 Apr 2012 , 3:20am
post #7 of 9

My local baking supply shop sells thin cardboard inserts that fit in a small square box (6x6, I think) to hold 4 cupcakes. Maybe a store near you has something? I have also found decorative cupcake boxes at Marshalls/TJ Maxx that are a bit cheaper than the ones at Michaels or Hobby Lobby.

bmmcleod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmmcleod Posted 28 Nov 2012 , 10:59am
post #8 of 9

AHi! A couple of years ago, I make "apple" cupcakes. They were white cake with buttercream colored red, yellow, and green. After frosting, I would dip the frosting in the corresponding sanding sugar. I used a cut tootie roll for the stem. I would then put one of each color in a disposable small loaf pan and wrap in cellophane. I found the loaf pans at my local craft store. They went over great!

Good luck!

lizabethy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizabethy Posted 28 Nov 2012 , 2:21pm
post #9 of 9

I'm doing cupcakes for my daughter's teacher's too.  I decided to do packs of 6.  I bought clamshell type boxes from here: http://plasticcontainercity.com/Cupcake-Containers-Muffins.htm.  I bought the 6 cavity deep cupcake containers for .51 cents a piece.  I am not going to decorate "teacher" cupcakes though.  I'm going to do just go with what people's favorites normally are.  I was going to do red velvet with cream cheese icing, chocolate toffee with salted caramel butter cream, and boston cream pie cupcakes..or I might do a white chocoalte cranberry cupcake instead.  I have a few different ideas swimming in my head....I just need to nail down my plan.  I also considered doing cheesecake cupcakes.  I was just doing to do 2 of each cupcake in the container, and send that with them for Christmas.  I also thought about doing the same thing for the teachers I work closley with as well (I am a teacher too).  I ordered 25 of the 6 pack containers so I should have enough for everyone. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%