Boxing Tiered Cakes?

Decorating By sberryp Updated 17 Apr 2012 , 6:11pm by sberryp

sberryp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sberryp Posted 17 Apr 2012 , 3:30pm
post #1 of 5

I was interested in knowing the different ways that others boxed tiered cakes. I have read on here that some people use regular boxes and with family I use diaper boxes. I have a friend from college who I am making a cake for and I don't want it to go in a diaper box. lol I even heard the I can cut the top off a regular cake box, but then what do I cover the cake with?

Thanks for your responses,

4 replies
Jody130 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jody130 Posted 17 Apr 2012 , 3:45pm
post #2 of 5

For my tiered cakes, I actually go to Walmart and purchase the Duck Brown Shipping Boxes, they come in different sizesand heights. I tape the bottom really well, and they fit good, they only run anywhere from .58 - to 1.50 so they are cheaper than cake boxes. They work out great for me.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 17 Apr 2012 , 3:53pm
post #3 of 5

For the few times I box a tiered cake, I get boxes from the office supply store and use them sideways.

sberryp Posted 17 Apr 2012 , 4:09pm
post #4 of 5

I have ordered from Global Sugar Art many times just do not want to pay the price for their tiered cake boxes.

Thanks for sharing, anymore suggestions?

Leah_S- You said when you do cover them....Do you not cover them at times. When is it okay not to cover them? On the cake shows they never cover their cakes.

sberryp Posted 17 Apr 2012 , 6:11pm
post #5 of 5

Here's a good explanation of what Leah_S was talking about for boxes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%