Wedding With Cake With Fresh Flowers In Between The Tiers...

Decorating By jentwinkle412 Updated 18 Apr 2012 , 3:16pm by mcaballero2

jentwinkle412 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jentwinkle412 Posted 17 Apr 2012 , 1:43pm
post #1 of 2

Hi,

I've done plenty of wedding cakes, but all stacked. My best friend is getting married in May and has asked me to make her cake. She want's a 4 tier one with flowers in between the tiers like this:

What is the best way to space them out? I have seen a few different ways of doing it but was wondering which is the safest! Friends cakes are so much scarier to do than strangers!

1 reply
mcaballero2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaballero2 Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 3:16pm
post #2 of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jentwinkle412

Hi,

I've done plenty of wedding cakes, but all stacked. My best friend is getting married in May and has asked me to make her cake. She want's a 4 tier one with flowers in between the tiers like this:

What is the best way to space them out? I have seen a few different ways of doing it but was wondering which is the safest! Friends cakes are so much scarier to do than strangers!

Hi,
I would suggest using separator plates and longer pillars say maybe 7" or use small round dummies in between the tiers to help support the weight. If you go that route, the dummy would need to be covered with something like foil or parchment though. The flowers should cover the supports in both instances. Separator plates are pretty sturdy, especially the ones with interlocking plates. Dummy cakes are sturdy as well but I would suggest using a sturdy cake board such as masonite or coreboard under each tier since they will be hanging over the dummy. Hope this helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%