Opinion On Cake Design...waddya Think?

Decorating By imnamor95 Updated 17 Apr 2012 , 4:41pm by jgifford

imnamor95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imnamor95 Posted 17 Apr 2012 , 11:19am
post #1 of 2

ok, I got a request for a "confederate flag/abe lincoln" cake with the matching ccs. Yeah, yeah, I know, they were on opposite teams...lol. Now, aside from that, my client ALSO wants to put a pic of the bday girl (who is turning 85) in there somewhere. So, I am making a 9" round with a confederate flag over it. It will be in buttercream. I will do this with an outline of the flag on top. The only options I see are #1) having a sugar print made of her pic, in round, in the middle of the "x". (Of course it will be a smaller circle). Or #2) making sugar prints cc size of the pic. But, (see attachment), I already made these abe lincoln cc toppers and I think it might be too much all on a single cc at a time. Right? I'm not sure. What do u think? Do u have any other suggestons? Thx!
LL

1 reply
jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 17 Apr 2012 , 4:41pm
post #2 of 2

I would think the pic of the birthday girl would go on the main cake, not on the cupcakes. That would just be too much. Is the flag going to be flat and cover the entire cake? Maybe put her pic on a plaque and stand it up on top of the flag?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%