Camping Cake Idea??

Decorating By MOMOF3 Updated 14 Sep 2005 , 1:33am by antonia74

MOMOF3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MOMOF3 Posted 13 Sep 2005 , 6:17pm
post #1 of 6

Hello,, just looking for any ideas on a "Camping" cake?? Would love ANY ideas!! thanks

5 replies
MainCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MainCake Posted 13 Sep 2005 , 6:33pm
post #2 of 6

A cake to take camping or a cake with a 'camping' design? I saw a recipe which sounded delicious that supposedly is good to take camping. It's a 'Smores' cake. I can PM it to you if you want.

But if you are looking for ideas for a cake with camping as the theme, maybe a sheet cake with green buttercream grass, blue stream, possibly a big rock, logs, fire pit, tent, tree, canoe, cooler, etc. made from fondant?? I've used graham cracker crumbs for sand before (some people also use brown sugar, but I prefer graham cracker crumbs because they cut some down on the sweetness). Or you could do a round or stacked cake with the same type of items...

ckirkland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckirkland Posted 13 Sep 2005 , 6:39pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMOF3

Hello,, just looking for any ideas on a "Camping" cake?? Would love ANY ideas!! thanks

I saw a cute idea in the 2005 Wilton's yearbook using a guitar shaped pan. It is so cute.

bulldog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bulldog Posted 13 Sep 2005 , 6:56pm
post #4 of 6

Hi! I just made a cmping cake last month for a 10 yr. olds camping B-Day party. The kids seemed to like, and not hard at all. I posted 2 pics in the Birthday Cake Gallery, not under children's birthdays. Good Luck!

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 14 Sep 2005 , 1:33am
post #6 of 6

Thanks! That was mine. I was just going to post the photo for you. PM me if you need any info on how I did it. It was pretty simple!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%