Candy Clay

Decorating By writersblock15 Updated 16 Apr 2012 , 10:14pm by mom2twogrlz

writersblock15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
writersblock15 Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 6:34pm
post #1 of 5

Can candy clay be made with real chocolate or can it only be made with candy coating?

4 replies
jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 9:34pm
post #2 of 5

It can be made with real chocolate, fake chocolate, baking chocolate, chocolate chips, almond bark, candy melts . . .

I prefer almond bark since it melts easier and smoother and is very forgiving. I like candy melts for the colors and chips for the flavors. It's really up to you.

HTH

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 9:54pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgifford

It can be made with real chocolate, fake chocolate, baking chocolate, chocolate chips, almond bark, candy melts . . .

I prefer almond bark since it melts easier and smoother and is very forgiving. I like candy melts for the colors and chips for the flavors. It's really up to you.

HTH

Is it the same recipe or do you need to alter it for the various amounts of fat in the types of chocolates?

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 10:00pm
post #4 of 5

I use basically the same recipe; however, my measurements are different from most of the recipes I've seen on here. For a 24 oz package of almond bark, I use 1/2 cup corn syrup. This is quite a bit less corn syrup than most recipes call for, but I like to have my modeling chocolate (candy clay) a little stiffer.

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 10:14pm
post #5 of 5

Ok. Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%