Help With Wording For Cc Centerpiece "instructions"

Baking By DianeLM Updated 16 Apr 2012 , 7:14pm by DianeLM

DianeLM Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 4:37pm
post #1 of 4

I'm making cupcake/cake ball centerpieces for a wedding. I'm already planning to place a couple of tent cards on the tables listing the flavors. The bride would like to instruct her guests to wait until after dinner to partake of the desserts. I informed her that there's really nothing she can do to stop them, but I'd try to add a polite reminder on the tent card. Any suggestions on the wording would be much appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. The bride has already made some hilariously sarcastic suggestions, so if you're going to go that route, better make it good! You've got competition!. icon_smile.gif

3 replies
jgifford Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 5:46pm
post #2 of 4

I would put in large print at the top - -

DESSERT FLAVORS
There's really not much you can do unless you want to hover at the table and slap hands when they reach for it.

denetteb Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 6:13pm
post #3 of 4

Crazy thought....why not go with the brides personality and ideas. Print up your flavors in your usual style, then have the bride put her own snarky comments on another paper, in her own hand and signature, clipped along with your flavors. Maybe a cute paperclip or even go obvious and use a post it note . Maybe something different for each table. Like.....Bride says no cupcake til you eat all your dinner, or bride says hands off till after dinner, or bride says wait til I say, I am watching you. Have the bride make it fun and funny and you get to keep your professional flavor cards.

DianeLM Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 7:14pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by denetteb

Crazy thought....why not go with the brides personality and ideas. Print up your flavors in your usual style, then have the bride put her own snarky comments on another paper, in her own hand and signature, clipped along with your flavors. Maybe a cute paperclip or even go obvious and use a post it note . Maybe something different for each table. Like.....Bride says no cupcake til you eat all your dinner, or bride says hands off till after dinner, or bride says wait til I say, I am watching you. Have the bride make it fun and funny and you get to keep your professional flavor cards.

I *LOVE* this idea!!! Ran into the bride at Hobby Lobby today. She looked a bit frazzled as she was trying to get some bridal pictures framed between appointments (she's an anesthetician). There will be 15 tables, so I'll suggest just coming up with a few quotes and I'll spread them amongst the tables.

ETA: Thank you so much!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%