What To Charge For Stand Rental?

Business By bluedaisies Updated 18 Apr 2012 , 10:48am by scp1127

bluedaisies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluedaisies Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 1:35am
post #1 of 9

How do you calculate what to charge for you cake stand rentals?

TIA!

8 replies
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 6:30am
post #2 of 9

I charge $25 for up to 7 days

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 1:08pm
post #3 of 9

Seems like most charge about 1/3 to as high as 1/2 of the cost of the stand, with a large deposit (to cover replacement if it is lost).

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 1:24pm
post #4 of 9

You charge the replacement cost usually split between a refundable deposit and a rental. If you don't get the stand back, then you have the $ to buy a new one. (That's happened to me, twice.) If you do get the stand back, *And it is in reusable condition* you refund the deposit and keep the rental. After a few rentals you should have the $ to replace the stand when the wear and tear requires replacement.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 3:31pm
post #5 of 9

We charge 1/3 the cost of the stand as a rental fee plus a refundable deposit of the full replacement cost (including tax and shipping).

Denise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denise Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 4:34pm
post #6 of 9

I charge $50 to rent a plateau and $150 deposit. I haven't lost one yet.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 17 Apr 2012 , 5:38am
post #7 of 9

I charge about the same as the above. I have an abundance of serveware including stands. Because I have the items for a future retail store, I charge a rental fee for the pieces in a quote. But if the client will consider a mini buffet, I will provide the serveware for free with a deposit equal to full retail value. This one issue has made all of my weddings and events a multiple item mini buffet or full buffet. And I already owned the items anyway.

Another revenue builder... I don't charge a deposit if we have a paid attendant at the event. We now have every wedding and event with a paid attendant. They set up, serve, clean up and pack up. If someone is going to break something, it will be us. Once the client sees it on paper, it makes the event so much easier when those details are eliminated from the client's responsibilities.

For my best customers, all rentals are free and they can have as much as they want.

It is so easy to build an order far beyond the cake and a stand. People want something special. You just have to make it easy for them.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 17 Apr 2012 , 7:51pm
post #8 of 9

thumbs_up.gif spc1127 is a real pro... listen to every word.... A real business professional... thumbs_up.gif

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 10:48am
post #9 of 9

Thanks Johnson.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%