Guitar/angel Wings Cake. Help!!!!!

Decorating By ngandara Updated 16 Apr 2012 , 5:35am by ngandara

ngandara Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 12:42am
post #1 of 3

I got a last minute request from a friend to make a guitar cake with angel wings on it somewhere. My friend's 4 year old daughter just passed away from cancer and wanted a cake to help celebrate her life. We always called her a "rockstar angel". any suggestion on how to make the guitar and wings go togather would be so very appreciated!!!!! Thank you in advance!

2 replies
step0nmi Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 1:38am
post #2 of 3

oh my...this must be some sign that I was supposed to click on this thread. here you go http:[email protected]/2891286326/in/photostream

this is one of my pride and joy cakes and i do NOT have it on CC for a reason. it was for that very special band and it was just a "practice" cake to make. you are more than welcome to use what I did on the cake. the wings were actually very easy to make. all i did was hand cut out some fondant (just freestyle the wing shape) then i took a petal buttercream tip and made all the impressions on it. lastly i dusted it with luster dust to give them that "angel" look. You could even do the cake like i had it. (just give me a nod of credit if you do icon_wink.gif

I really hope you get to make something for this friend because it will be one of those special cakes that no one could ever duplicate.

ngandara Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 5:35am
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much for the help! I ended up drawing something up that worked great : ) I love your cake it's beautiful!!! And yes this will be a very special cake for me!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%