Kitagrl And Cakeinfatuation Are Merging!!!!!

Business By Kitagrl Updated 19 Apr 2012 , 2:22am by QTCakes1

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 5:37pm
post #1 of 30

For those of you who know me and CakeInfatuation (Cakes by Suzy and Truly Custom Cakery)...we are merging our home businesses into a storefront cake shop!!!!! We just signed the lease and a small loan this past week and we are getting ready to renovate the shop!

The business will be named "Truly Custom Cakery" so Cakes by Suzy is officially no longer....but its an investment on my part to be privileged to join forces with CakeInfatuation and become a "cake boutique" in our area. We were both outgrowing our homes and it was just time to move out. Our families will be SO HAPPY to see alllllllll our cake junk go out that front door! haha.

Both of our photos will start to be posted under "CakeInfatuation" now....not sure if my old photos can be merged or not but either way, "Kitagrl" will now be the same as "CakeInfatuation".

Our Facebook page will be keeping everyone up on the move.....just wanted everyone to know!!!!! icon_smile.gif

29 replies
AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 5:59pm
post #2 of 30

Woot! Congratulations on the merge. I hope you guys have lots of great fun together!

sberryp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sberryp Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 7:08pm
post #3 of 30

Congratulations!!!! I love ya'll designes!!!

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 7:10pm
post #4 of 30

Congratulations, ladies! I wish you the best!!

nicunurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicunurse Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 9:48pm
post #5 of 30

Best of Luck!!! You go girls!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

lyndim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndim Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 10:37pm
post #6 of 30

Mozel tov! thumbs_up.gif

tigachu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigachu Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 2:26am
post #7 of 30

Congrats icon_biggrin.gif

bonnscakesAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonnscakesAZ Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 3:48am
post #8 of 30

How fun! Congrats!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 5:31am
post #9 of 30

Congratulations. Please keep us informed of your journey to opening.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 9:05am
post #10 of 30

Much success, Stacy and Suzy!

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 9:42am
post #11 of 30

Am very happy for both of you. I've always loved your cakes separately and can't wait to see what you come up with together

Kitagrl Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 11:29am
post #12 of 30

Thanks so much everyone!

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 5:59pm
post #13 of 30

Congratulations!!

And I really, really, REALLY hope you two are super-compatible. That's going to be what makes it or breaks it.

Wishing you the very best!! icon_smile.gif

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 6:09pm
post #14 of 30

Congratulations on your next step in business. I am so glad your businesses have outgrown your homes and we all look forward to seeing photos of the update in the building. May your business continue to prosper.

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 6:34pm
post #15 of 30

YAY for you guys!!! Congrats on the upward move!!!

lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 6:44pm
post #16 of 30

Congrats!!! I recently did something very similar and it has been a dream come true. I wish you both much success!!!!!

Kitagrl Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 6:56pm
post #17 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

Congratulations!!

And I really, really, REALLY hope you two are super-compatible. That's going to be what makes it or breaks it.

Wishing you the very best!! icon_smile.gif

I think we will be! We've been business acquaintances and then after that, friends, since she opened her home business in 2009. Just getting to know one another, we have many similarities in our businesses but at the same time, different strengths....we really think its gonna work out great. icon_smile.gif

lissyUK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lissyUK Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 10:02pm
post #18 of 30

How exciting for you both! You are both, individually, ridiculouly talented. Combined?- I think your competition is probably sobbing right now!!!

Best of luck! x

imanah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imanah Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 8:05am
post #19 of 30

I wish you both the best of success!

SugaredSaffron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredSaffron Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 2:24pm
post #20 of 30

Congratulations! Sounds like an amazing combination thumbs_up.gif

SammieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SammieB Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 2:40pm
post #21 of 30

I've been facebook stalking you for a while b/c, well, you guys are both fabulous. That circus cake you did was just jaw-droppingly amazing! Good luck to you both! I know you will be super successful. icon_smile.gif

Kitagrl Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 2:49pm
post #22 of 30

Thanks so much everyone!

elliespartycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliespartycake Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 3:12pm
post #23 of 30

Congratulations ladies; wishing you nothing but success!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 5:41pm
post #24 of 30

Congratulations!! Best of Luck to you both.... thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

enchantedcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enchantedcreations Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 5:48pm
post #25 of 30

I'm very excited for you both. I wish you the best of luck, but I know you don't need it!

Cakery2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakery2012 Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 6:08pm
post #26 of 30

Really I think some people are just clueless as to how much a carved or other custom cake costs .

I've read many times the first two questions should be what is your budget and how many people do you want to feed . This clears up a lot of questions right off the bat . Then you can listen to what the client has in mind , This cuts to the chase and saves more back and forth .

If I had a business and say a facebook page I would clearly state that carved cakes start at $XXX.
Yes I know some people do and people still ask for a $300 cake for $50.

Good luck to OP and remember as the pros here have said you need to market to those who are willing to pay your prices . .

Kitagrl Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 6:27pm
post #27 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakery2012

Really I think some people are just clueless as to how much a carved or other custom cake costs .

I've read many times the first two questions should be what is your budget and how many people do you want to feed . This clears up a lot of questions right off the bat . Then you can listen to what the client has in mind , This cuts to the chase and saves more back and forth .

If I had a business and say a facebook page I would clearly state that carved cakes start at $XXX.
Yes I know some people do and people still ask for a $300 cake for $50.

Good luck to OP and remember as the pros here have said you need to market to those who are willing to pay your prices . .

Yep...the nice thing is that we each have a current business that already does that. We already have a $200 minimum and we are maxing out our schedules with those orders. We already have pretty much our market and our target clients coming.... with the merge, we just have room to expand and accept some of those orders we've been turning away due to lack of space and time and commercial ovens, etc. Plus with a storefront we can have a higher end consult room and even further target the higher end clients. Thanks!

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 6:30pm
post #28 of 30

I think Cakery2012 didn't mean to post on this thread. That was for another thread on pricing.

Kitagrl Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 6:31pm
post #29 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagenthatnj

I think Cakery2012 didn't mean to post on this thread. That was for another thread on pricing.

LOL! Oh okay thanks!

QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 19 Apr 2012 , 2:22am
post #30 of 30

Congratulations! It has been great to see the evolution of your business from home to storefront.

And that Circus cake is absolutely INSANE!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%