Egg Beater Egg Whites And Other Brands ???

Decorating By funtodecorate2 Updated 15 Apr 2012 , 5:12pm by funtodecorate2

funtodecorate2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funtodecorate2 Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 3:42pm
post #1 of 3

HI,
Can you use the store carton of Egg beaters and the other brands of egg whites? They are yellow in color and I'm afraid it would turn the IMBC yellow. Anyone use this .
I'm talking using this in the IMBC and anything else that requires egg whites only
If using real eggs how do you store so many egg yokes , how long do they keep and besides bavarian cream what are they used for because there is a abundant of them left over >lol

Also on the carton of egg beaters it says 1/4 cup equals 1 egg, so if we are only using real egg whites from real eggs how much of the egg beaters would we use to equal 1 egg white?
Don't know if I'm making sense.
also told a tip I was told was that if using carton egg whites to add a pinch of cream tartar. what does that do?

Or are people using dry boxed egg whites? I've bought them once but can't remember where, long time ago.

thank you . Hope someone can help me out .

2 replies
MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 4:13pm
post #2 of 3

I use the carton of pasteurized egg whites all the time in icing. I haven't found the colour to be different.

I'm in Canada and buy Naturegg Simply Egg Whites in a 500g Carton. It is a carton of pasteurized egg whites.

My carton says 1/4 cup = about 2 egg whites

1 egg white is = to 2 Tbsp

The cream of tartar gives the egg whites more stability, they whip up firmer. You can try it, I think I've done it too with no odd effects. I use many different icings.

Hope that helps. I don't know what to do with all the yolks either, that is why I buy the carton of pasteurized egg whites. It is easier and they last a long time and you can freeze them too.

Good Luck

funtodecorate2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funtodecorate2 Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 5:12pm
post #3 of 3

thanks for the reply. I will give it a try then . Yes it can be frozen that's another thing I liked.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%