Silver Stencil Possibilities??

Decorating By kimkake Updated 15 Apr 2012 , 3:56am by tbkimber

kimkake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimkake Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 3:04am
post #1 of 4

I have a wedding cake coming up where every other tier needs to be a damask pattern, which I have done many times - but not in silver. Advise please on what would be the best way to go about this - is there a way to make silver buttercream or royal icing - or is my best bet to get a silver airbrush color with shimmer and airbrush the stencil on?? I have never airbrushed a stencil on before, (which I plan on practicing before the date) - could someone who has done this before give me some insight to this - any special steps or help would be appreciated!!
Thanks!

3 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 3:21am
post #2 of 4

I haven't airbrushed a stencil on before, but I've put one on with the Wilton Color Mist Spray, which is a similar process, although less easy to control. It came out very nicely. The only thing you have to be careful about is masking the parts of the cake you don't want to get the spray on.

southerncross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncross Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 3:41am
post #3 of 4

Albert Uster has a silver luster dust spray. http://www.auiswisscatalogue.com/586017/2-LUSP.html

I haven't used it but everything I've ever ordered from Albert Uster has been first rate.

tbkimber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tbkimber Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 3:56am
post #4 of 4

Airbrushing a stencil works great. Like Marianna46 said you need to watch out for over-spray. Just like with an icing, you need to make sure you don't move the stencil or your edges will be fuzzy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%