Happy Birthday $100 Dollar Bill

Decorating By littlejake Updated 17 Apr 2012 , 3:03am by traci_doodle

littlejake Posted 13 Apr 2012 , 11:00pm
post #1 of 14

I need help on turning a $100 dollar bill into a Happy Birthday Bill?!?!?!?!? It's for a casino cake and she wants the bills to say happy birthday instead of one hundred dollars across the bottom. I circled what part in the pic. HELP anyone got any ideas? Thanks for any and all help. icon_eek.gif

13 replies
Ursula40 Posted 13 Apr 2012 , 11:43pm
post #2 of 14

I only know how to change the face in the 100 Dollar bill
I don't think you can change the message though

cakegrandma Posted 14 Apr 2012 , 12:11am
post #3 of 14

I went to the site that Ursula has listed, downloaded the 100 bill from 2003. I erased the picture that is on there but I can not get Franklin's picture onto it. I erased the 100 Dollar where you have circled but you have to use the pencil feature to write and it looks nothing like the real deal. Sorry but that is about as much as I can do, perhaps someone more computer savvy can it better. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Ursula40 Posted 14 Apr 2012 , 12:59am
post #4 of 14

I used that site to make some Dollar bills with my daughter's picture on it for a theme party we had 2 yrs ago

traci_doodle Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 2:00am
post #5 of 14

Do you have any photo altering software, such as photoshop? They have free programs online, too. I would use a pattern stamp to cover up the words "One Hundred Dollars" and then add text over the pattern. You can find free fonts online that mimic the font used on a bill:


I love the look of the second one, but the first one is actually closer to what it actually looks like on the bill. If you make two text boxes, you can write the words once in white (put that layer on top), and once in black (slighter bigger) to mimic the pattern found on the bill.

traci_doodle Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 2:21am
post #6 of 14

I just made one in photoshop. PM me if you want it.

traci_doodle Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 6:48pm
post #7 of 14

I uploaded a picture of the bill to my gallery. I haven't done a test print to see if the file is big enough after you upload it to cakecentral (mostly because I'm nearly out of ink), since cakecentral shrinks the files when you upload it. If someone wants to do a test print for me, that would be awesome! If it's too small, I can email the the file if you give me your email address.

ibmoser Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 6:56pm
post #8 of 14

traci_doodle - amazing job!!

cashley Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 6:59pm
post #9 of 14

Came out 6 1/4 X 2 1/2 on my computer which would seem about right. You did an awesome job

traci_doodle Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 7:00pm
post #10 of 14

Thank you cashley!

littlejake Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 7:49pm
post #11 of 14

I printed it out at 4x6 and it came out perfect! Thank you very much Traci, your a lifesaver! thumbs_up.gif

traci_doodle Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 7:30pm
post #12 of 14

The picture in my gallery was removed by a moderator because it may be illegal to post altered photos of US currency. I don't know if that's true. I can't seem to find anything online backing that up, but I may try to contact to contact the Treasury department (wish me luck icon_rolleyes.gif ) to sort it out. Anyway, if you want a copy of it, just PM me and I can send it to you.

KathysCC Posted 17 Apr 2012 , 12:03am
post #13 of 14

Here is a link that tells you all the rules:

I don't want Cake Central to get into trouble.

traci_doodle Posted 17 Apr 2012 , 3:03am
post #14 of 14

That's the same info I found before. I had I thought it was okay, since we're printing on icing sheets instead of paper, but upon re-reading, I guess the issue is really that I'm holding onto the image itself. I was kind of focusing on the "altering" part (and the lack of it being mentioned), but I don't think that's the real issue. Anyway, if anyone needs it, just PM me and I'll see if I can come up with a copy somewhere. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%