Where To Get 'paper Cake Frill' Type Thing From?

Decorating By choc-chic Updated 15 Apr 2012 , 8:13pm by CWR41

choc-chic Posted 13 Apr 2012 , 10:09pm
post #1 of 9

Hi there icon_smile.gif

By any chance do any of you know where I can get the paper ruffle frill that's at the bottom of this cake from please? I'm in the UK but I expect it's only available in the US so that's fine, I can get it shipped over! (hopefully lol)


Thanks very much in advance icon_smile.gif

8 replies
choc-chic Posted 14 Apr 2012 , 2:45pm
post #3 of 9

Thanks very much for all the effort gone into that reply! I'll suggest the alternatives you have so kindly found for me, thanks again icon_smile.gif

stlouiscake Posted 14 Apr 2012 , 3:47pm
post #4 of 9

That looks like a "Lady Mary" disposable cake board. The bakery I worked at many years ago used them. Don't know where to get them.

Panel7124 Posted 14 Apr 2012 , 3:59pm
post #5 of 9

The picture is not quite clear but could it be something like this?


or this?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0054JSHXY/?tag=cakecentral-20 (stlouiscake knows her stuff thumbs_up.gif )

CWR41 Posted 14 Apr 2012 , 4:14pm
post #6 of 9

Those are called Lady Mary Dainty Boards:

BakeMark carries them. If your local supply company doesn't carry them, they should be able to order them for you.

shanter Posted 14 Apr 2012 , 6:35pm
post #7 of 9

Cake boards with ruffles - fabulous idea! Forget all of the fabric ruffles I suggested. icon_redface.gif
This place is so educational.

choc-chic Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 7:29pm
post #8 of 9

You're all fantastic, thanks very much! I feel I may struggle to find the exact item in the UK, so every alternative suggestion was very gratefully received!

Thanks again icon_smile.gif

CWR41 Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 8:13pm
post #9 of 9

Quote by @%username% on %date%