Peanut Butter Cupcake Recipe

Baking By naiyyar Updated 17 Apr 2012 , 12:27am by PinkLotus

naiyyar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
naiyyar Posted 9 Apr 2012 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 10

I made PB cupcake Recipe By Elinor from her book cupcakes and other recipes too but after baking the cupcake liner separated from the cake plus the liner became oily. is this normal? what type of liners do u use and do they separate at the end? Also the liners i use stain oily even wilton liners with watever cupcake i make. but how come the cupcake liners i c on blogs look as good as new after being baked?

Could u please share ur tried and tested recipe for PB cupcake.

I did not have the liner separating problem with other flavors of cupcakes like vanilla, chocolate , hummingbird etc

Thanx

9 replies
naiyyar Posted 10 Apr 2012 , 7:27am
post #2 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by naiyyar

I made PB cupcake Recipe By Elinor from her book cupcakes and other recipes too but after baking the cupcake liner separated from the cake plus the liner became oily. is this normal? what type of liners do u use and do they separate at the end? Also the liners i use stain oily even wilton liners with watever cupcake i make. but how come the cupcake liners i c on blogs look as good as new after being baked?

Could u please share ur tried and tested recipe for PB cupcake.

I did not have the liner separating problem with other flavors of cupcakes like vanilla, chocolate , hummingbird etc

Thanx

Any one Please....

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 11 Apr 2012 , 8:26am
post #3 of 10

Peanut butter is essentially peanuts ground to an oily cream. Any recipe with a lot of moisture has a possibility of coming away from the liner. That is why those of us who make this type of recipe must use high quality greaseproof liners. This is your only assurance. Reynold's also works. And not all greaseproof liners are good. I have to pay top prices, even in bulk, for quality liners.

As for a recipe, I haven't found one yet. Every time I try to develop it, I find my cakes and cupcakes are better when the peanut butter is the accent, such as the frosting or filling. But that's just me.

A long time ago, before the bakery, I tried Martha Stewart's and it wasn't good. My chocolate peanut butter cake is a feature on my site and my Reese's is one of my best cupcakes. But both start with chocolate cake.

naiyyar Posted 11 Apr 2012 , 8:45am
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

Peanut butter is essentially peanuts ground to an oily cream. Any recipe with a lot of moisture has a possibility of coming away from the liner. That is why those of us who make this type of recipe must use high quality greaseproof liners. This is your only assurance. Reynold's also works. And not all greaseproof liners are good. I have to pay top prices, even in bulk, for quality liners.

As for a recipe, I haven't found one yet. Every time I try to develop it, I find my cakes and cupcakes are better when the peanut butter is the accent, such as the frosting or filling. But that's just me.

A long time ago, before the bakery, I tried Martha Stewart's and it wasn't good. My chocolate peanut butter cake is a feature on my site and my Reese's is one of my best cupcakes. But both start with chocolate cake.

THANK YOU FOR UR REPLY scp1127. could u plz give the link of ur website. Thanx again

scp1127 Posted 11 Apr 2012 , 8:55am
post #5 of 10

Look on the post. It's at the bottom on the www button. The cupcake is the Reese's and the cake is the one that is chocolate with peanut butter frosting and filling with dripping soft ganache.

usshanebond12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
usshanebond12 Posted 12 Apr 2012 , 10:21am
post #6 of 10

Scp, I would like to thank you first for your clarification. This is the second time I have the problem of cupcake liner separating from cupcakes. I dont know why this happened and I cant assess the reason from anybody until you clarify my doubt. Thanks once again! I followed your link and sublime coconut cupcake has become my favorite one. Is that your site? I want that recipe guide to make coconut cupcake.

scp1127 Posted 12 Apr 2012 , 10:31am
post #7 of 10

Usshane, send me a PM. It's actually a published recipe that I modified to death.

midnighttrain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midnighttrain Posted 12 Apr 2012 , 9:06pm
post #8 of 10

I use this for peanut butter cupcakes but I change the oil to more butter. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/peanut-butter-sheet-cake/detail.aspx

sassysweetonline Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sassysweetonline Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 1:18am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

Would you mind sharing where you get your liners and which ones you use?

PinkLotus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkLotus Posted 17 Apr 2012 , 12:27am
post #10 of 10

I made these and they were a big hit. You can omit the chocolate chips if you want.

http://www.foodsnots.com/2012/03/peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cupcakes.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%253A+FoodSnots+%2528Food+Snots%2529&utm_content=Google+Reader

ETA: I also use the Reynolds cupcake liners, and love them. They are a little more expensive (at least here they are) but worth it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%