Need Ideas On Organizing Baking Supplies

Lounge By Betsy410 Updated 9 Apr 2012 , 10:21pm by Jenise

Betsy410 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Betsy410 Posted 9 Apr 2012 , 1:37pm
post #1 of 5

Hi Everyone,
I am new to the forum and have just gotten back into baking cakes, cookies and other items. As I start to accumulate things I am running out of room. Can I get some suggestions on storing items? Food Color, flavors, supplies etc. Pictures would be a plus!

Thanks!
Betsy

4 replies
ChristineCMC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristineCMC Posted 9 Apr 2012 , 1:57pm
post #2 of 5

I have a small container that I keep my coloring gel in and a separate small container for all my luster dusts ect. I'm still working on a better organizational system for my other baking things. S I would love to here what everyone does.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 9 Apr 2012 , 8:03pm
post #4 of 5

I have 2 large (6' x4') storage cabinets with interior shelves. They're in the back entry of my house, just outside my kitchen. There are separate bins for small stuff: 1 for sprinkles, 1 for dusts, 1 for fondant tools, 1 for colorings and flavorings, etc. All my pans, boards and boxes fit inside, too. So far they're working very well. However, my 300+ candy molds are still filling the corner of the guest bedroom. icon_rolleyes.gif

My dh just turned our dining room into a "staging" area this weekend. It has 2 6' tables and the computer and filing cabinets. This is where I can make flowers, put together boxes and cupcake displays, and do paperwork. He's wonderful!

Jenise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenise Posted 9 Apr 2012 , 10:21pm
post #5 of 5

I have a big tackle box that I store all of my gel colors and most of my tools and tips and bags. This makes it very easy to take on a delivery because it has a carry handle, etc. Then I have big plastic containers for all my molds and stuff. Then it all goes in my laundry room when not in use.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%