Cake Decorating Books Suggestions

Decorating By MVDunn1 Updated 7 Apr 2012 , 11:39pm by MVDunn1

MVDunn1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MVDunn1 Posted 7 Apr 2012 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 4

Hopefully there aren't a million of these, and hopefully I posted in the correct forum.

But I'm looking to update my collection of cake decorating books, and I don't mean like cookbooks, I mean cake decorating books. Like the beautiful books of established cake decorators like Peggy Porschen, Eric Lanlard, and Toba Garret ...people like that.

I was wondering if any of you cake decorators, whether you do it for fun or professionally, have any favorites that you'd suggest I buy. I only have three books right now:

Eric Lanard's Glamour Cakes
Peggy Porschen's Simply Spectacular Cakes
Peggy Porschen's Beautiful Cakes

I'd love to hear suggestions and anything else you'd like to suggest. Hopefully no one is like: icon_confused.gif Not this topic again. And if I did miss a topic on this, feel free to link me and i'll delete this. Thank you so much in advance!

Margaret.

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Apr 2012 , 9:43pm
post #2 of 4

What about Nic Lodge? Had other names on the tip of my tounge but they vanished as I typed this icon_sad.gif

icednice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icednice Posted 7 Apr 2012 , 10:17pm
post #3 of 4

I'm sort of new to all this but a book that helped me get started was
http://4c261atetzaw3rflse14fs3t97.hop.clickbank.net/
It covers alot of the basics so I'm not sure if it's what you are looking for or not. Good luck in building your library though!

MVDunn1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MVDunn1 Posted 7 Apr 2012 , 11:39pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks to you both! I'll definitely check them both out.

kakeladi: Nic Lodge is right up my alley! Definitely just what I was looking for. I'd love to hear your other suggestions if you remember them! Do you have a specific Nic Lodge book you like the best?

icednice: I'll check that one out too! Thank for your suggestion!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%