Cake Decorating Books Suggestions

Decorating By MVDunn1 Updated 7 Apr 2012 , 11:39pm by MVDunn1

MVDunn1 Posted 7 Apr 2012 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 4

Hopefully there aren't a million of these, and hopefully I posted in the correct forum.

But I'm looking to update my collection of cake decorating books, and I don't mean like cookbooks, I mean cake decorating books. Like the beautiful books of established cake decorators like Peggy Porschen, Eric Lanlard, and Toba Garret ...people like that.

I was wondering if any of you cake decorators, whether you do it for fun or professionally, have any favorites that you'd suggest I buy. I only have three books right now:

Eric Lanard's Glamour Cakes
Peggy Porschen's Simply Spectacular Cakes
Peggy Porschen's Beautiful Cakes

I'd love to hear suggestions and anything else you'd like to suggest. Hopefully no one is like: icon_confused.gif Not this topic again. And if I did miss a topic on this, feel free to link me and i'll delete this. Thank you so much in advance!

Margaret.

3 replies
kakeladi Posted 7 Apr 2012 , 9:43pm
post #2 of 4

What about Nic Lodge? Had other names on the tip of my tounge but they vanished as I typed this icon_sad.gif

icednice Posted 7 Apr 2012 , 10:17pm
post #3 of 4

I'm sort of new to all this but a book that helped me get started was
http://4c261atetzaw3rflse14fs3t97.hop.clickbank.net/
It covers alot of the basics so I'm not sure if it's what you are looking for or not. Good luck in building your library though!

MVDunn1 Posted 7 Apr 2012 , 11:39pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks to you both! I'll definitely check them both out.

kakeladi: Nic Lodge is right up my alley! Definitely just what I was looking for. I'd love to hear your other suggestions if you remember them! Do you have a specific Nic Lodge book you like the best?

icednice: I'll check that one out too! Thank for your suggestion!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%