catlharper Posted 7 Apr 2012 , 1:29am
post #1 of

Hi everyone! Opening up another session of the FNCC! I'm opening it up an hour early because I have a delivery to make and won't be back for a couple of hours. Let me know what you are up to and how you are doing! I'll be back at about 9:30PST and I hope to see LOTS of posts!!

Cat

9 replies
bobwonderbuns Posted 7 Apr 2012 , 1:39am
post #2 of

Good luck on your delivery Cat!!

I just got everything out and ready for tomorrow morning -- I'm making a couple of round bundt cakes for Sunday. One is for a birthday girl (who requested this particular cake) and the other is for the bible study on Sunday.

What's everyone else up to?

idreamincupcakes Posted 7 Apr 2012 , 2:12am
post #3 of

I just finished cleaning up after making decorations for my bunny and vegetable garden cake for Easter. Super excited to pull that together tomorrow.

ajwonka Posted 7 Apr 2012 , 2:47am
post #4 of

Just applied edible image label to an over-sized take-out coffee cup cake that will "steam" with dry ice. Tall 2-tier cake, all white buttercream with hot pink Gerber daisy in the fridge! Done!

Angfastic Posted 7 Apr 2012 , 2:51am
post #5 of

Working on a small carrot cake due tomorrow. Customer requested loaf pan since it is for only 10 people. Instead of baking in one loaf pan I used 2 so I could easily fill it.

Angfastic Posted 7 Apr 2012 , 2:51am
post #6 of

Working on a small carrot cake due tomorrow. Customer requested loaf pan since it is for only 10 people. Instead of baking in one loaf pan I used 2 so I could easily fill it.

cheatize Posted 7 Apr 2012 , 3:14am
post #7 of

Love the steaming cup with dry ice idea!

No cakes for me this weekend. We just finished coloring eggs. I airbrushed a few earlier today.

How do you know what replacement needle to buy for an airbrush? I just bought the Duff one and it doesn't say.

catlharper Posted 7 Apr 2012 , 4:40am
post #8 of

AJ, do you print out your own edible images or have them done? I haven't worked with them a whole lot so I'm dying of curiosity! Love the "steam" idea! LOL

As for airbrush...kudos to you for using one! I am greatly itimidated. So while I have no info for you I do have great admiration of your bravery!

As for me...cupcakes for an Easter client and a 2 tier Hawaii themed Bridal Shower cake. I have a question for you all...I went shopping for hibiscus flowers, both online and in our local cake supply store, and found that what they, apparently, have no idea what a hibiscus actually looks like! I ended up taking the time to make my own so that they would look more real. I have, in the past, bought orchids and roses, even daisies that I have then customized for my cakes in order to save a bit of time on a busy week but these flowers were nowhere close to looking like the real deal. Anyone know of a place that has them, for future reference, where they look real?

thanx!
Cat

catlharper Posted 7 Apr 2012 , 6:03am
post #9 of

11pm PST for us...time to head to bed. Hope you all have a wonderful Easter!

Cat

ajwonka Posted 8 Apr 2012 , 9:57pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlharper

AJ, do you print out your own edible images or have them done? I haven't worked with them a whole lot so I'm dying of curiosity! Love the "steam" idea! LOL

Cat

I designed a logo using the client's picture & created a store name b/c Starbucks denied my request to use their logo. I had it printed at our grocery bakery. $4 was well worth it! I'm not a fan of edible images but, in certain situations, I like the perfectly clean look as opposed to cutting it out of fondant myself!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%