I Really Need Your Advice On How To Pull This Off

Decorating By CiNoRi Updated 6 Apr 2012 , 10:40pm by southerncross

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 6 Apr 2012 , 9:32pm
post #1 of 6

In a few weeks I have a groom's cake request that I'm sooo stumped on how to create it.

They essentially wanted 2 cakes into 1 design... Depicting how the groom has traveled and met his "bride to be."
One cake is to look like the state of North Carolina, the other cake the country of Greece. On top of each would be markers & items to represent meaningful things & places with in each region. The 2 cakes would then be "linked" together by a sailboat traveling from one to the other...

The problem is they only need to feed 60 people. The cakes would need to be large enough to clearly showcase the memorable items, still tell the story: not looking like an unorganized bunch of little cakes on a board).

I REALLY could use your advice here... any suggestions on how to pull this off?
TIA!!!!

5 replies
MMFSweetie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MMFSweetie Posted 6 Apr 2012 , 9:59pm
post #2 of 6

Hi Erica, your grooms cake is definitely a challenge. What about putting each cake on a tower. The towers could be of varying heights. You could drape a blue fabric between them to represent the water and use a boat on a wire stand that allows it to look at those it's floating on the fabric between the two cake countries. Good Luck to you! I checked out your website and your cakes are beautiful! I am sure you will come up with something fabulous!

Melissa

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 6 Apr 2012 , 9:59pm
post #3 of 6

How about a globe? You can have the USA with the state you want highligted...then the oceans with a boat leading to Greece????

That's a tough one....good luck!

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 6 Apr 2012 , 10:20pm
post #5 of 6

Wow that is tough. Would they go for a 2 tiered stacked cake. One representing greece, in white and blue, with flat cut outs of there travels. And one of north carolina with cut outs on that tier. The boat could rest between the 2 tiers. I'm not talented enough to make a map of the sites, so this is the way I would do it. Plus, it would be way too much cake doing it the other way.

southerncross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncross Posted 6 Apr 2012 , 10:40pm
post #6 of 6

I vote for imagenthatnj's suggestions....those cakes are so much fun. I may have to "borrow" the idea for an upcoming groom's cake that I've been given free rein to make.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%