Make A Standing Easter Egg Cake? New Here :)

Decorating By MustHaveCake Updated 6 Apr 2012 , 6:39pm by smbegg

MustHaveCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MustHaveCake Posted 6 Apr 2012 , 3:26pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone

I have been looking at the boards for a few days now and I am already learning so much from everyone. I am not sure if this has been posted (a million times) and I missed it.... and this is such a juvenile question to ask but I have the wilton 3d egg pan set and wanted to try stand it up just for fun. I have googled it and can't find anything on it.... maybe its not possible with this pan.... can anyone tell me how I can do this?

Thanks icon_smile.gif

4 replies
MustHaveCake Posted 6 Apr 2012 , 4:02pm
post #2 of 5

no one? this is my first post! icon_smile.gif do I put dowels in? put the egg on top of a foam board or another cake? help a girl out so I don't end up posting a disaster picture icon_wink.gif

smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 6 Apr 2012 , 4:18pm
post #3 of 5

Use buttercream to stick together and then cut bottom of the large end flat so it will stand. Tip upright on flat bottom. You can dowel diagonally if you would like extra support. Fondant will really help keep it together if you are comfortable with that.

Stephanie

MustHaveCake Posted 6 Apr 2012 , 5:51pm
post #4 of 5

awesome, thank you!!! icon_smile.gif

smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 6 Apr 2012 , 6:39pm
post #5 of 5

I used that technique for my fish bowl on the Elmo cake. I am actually in the process of the 3D egg myself, so I will be trying along with you, but that is what I am going to do!

Stephanie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%