Need Tried And True Cupcake Papers

Decorating By 2sweetcookies Updated 10 Apr 2012 , 4:58am by scp1127

2sweetcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sweetcookies Posted 6 Apr 2012 , 12:28pm
post #1 of 16

Like many others I have had the dreaded problem of my cupcake paeprs falling off the cupcake. I have been searching some websites wanting to try some new liners, "greasefree", maybe. But now I just got a huge order for 500 cupcakes and dont have time to play with new liners. I need a paper that will NOT fail me. Can anyone give me a site or name of papers you have used that never fail! I am a scratch baker and I know this makes a difference, I also do take my cupcakes out of the pan as soon as they come out of the oven, havent found my problem yet.
Please help. thanks so much.

15 replies
ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 6 Apr 2012 , 12:45pm
post #2 of 16

I think your problem is taking the cupcakes out of the pans before they cool. That has caused my papers to pull in the past. I now let them stay in the pans until completely cooled and I have used the wilton liners from walmart and the white liners found in the baking section at walmart. I use all brands and do not have any pulling anymore. Try a batch and let them completely cool before removing and see if that works.

ButRCream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButRCream Posted 6 Apr 2012 , 12:56pm
post #3 of 16

Hi there! I use cupcake papers from SimplyCaked.com - have been using them for almost a year now (I'm a from-scratch baker too) with some extremely moist cupcake recipes with absolutely NO problems whatsoever. They're greaseproof - no soaking through, which is lovely! I always take my cupcakes out of the pan immediately to avoid drying out and have never had any problems with the liners pulling away from the cupcakes. Hope this is helpful!

2sweetcookies Posted 7 Apr 2012 , 7:46pm
post #4 of 16

Thanks so much I jsut may try that brand, I wish I had time to experiment. I have also tried leaving the cupcakes in the pans and still had the same problem. Unfortunately that didnt work for me.

sweetminis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetminis Posted 7 Apr 2012 , 8:06pm
post #5 of 16

I am also a strictly scratch baker & had the same problem before switching to American by Hoffman; or Hoffman by American.... Not in shop now to verify packaging but I order from Webstaurant.com; they offer multiple sizes and reasonable delivery fee/times. Good luck in your search & with your order!

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 7 Apr 2012 , 8:15pm
post #6 of 16

I got my liners from

http://www.charmingcreationsbaking.com/BROWN-GREASE-PROOF-LINERS.html

And I absolutely LOVE them! Never gave me any problems and I love how the cupcakes look in them.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2303675/pink-baby-shower-cupcakes?sub=2303678

HTH

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 8 Apr 2012 , 6:52am
post #7 of 16

I agree with Cupcations. I just tried that company because they had a size I needed that were not available from my regular distributor. I was drawn to these because I was sure they were the same brand that I use and now I'm positive they are the same. Mine are from

http://www.thebakerskitchen.net/

Between the two companies, I now have all sizes.

I also exclusively use the brown in mini, tulip, standard, and tall. I use their white parchment greaseproof tulips (the same as the brown) for weddings.

2sweetcookies Posted 8 Apr 2012 , 1:52pm
post #8 of 16

Thank you so much. It will be such a relief to have nice cupcakes with the papers still on! Im going for it!

Cupcations your cupcakes look perfect,(I love your blog) That cupcake bouquet is amazing, never tried one.

scp1127 Posted 9 Apr 2012 , 7:40am
post #9 of 16

Cupcations is my favorite cupcake designer.

thumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thumbs Posted 9 Apr 2012 , 11:55am
post #10 of 16

cupcations - have you tried the other colors from them? I love brown personally but my customers often want a variety of colors so just wondering if the others hold their color as much as the brown.

2xMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2xMiMi Posted 9 Apr 2012 , 3:52pm
post #11 of 16

I have never had a problem with them pulling away until this weekend when I put them in the container while running to the store before they were 100% cooled. They all separated and were grease proof. This is the only thing I can relate this to. icon_biggrin.gif

Cupcations Posted 9 Apr 2012 , 4:32pm
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

Cupcations is my favorite cupcake designer.

icon_redface.gif *blush
Thanks S thumbs_up.gif

Quote:
Quote:

cupcations - have you tried the other colors from them? I love brown personally but my customers often want a variety of colors so just wondering if the others hold their color as much as the brown.

Thumbs: So far I only used the brown ones. The website has diffrent colors of liners but I don't think they're the same brand as the brown ones. Check out the website Scp1127 posted, you might find different colors of the same brand there.

Quote:
Quote:

I agree with Cupcations. I just tried that company because they had a size I needed that were not available from my regular distributor. I was drawn to these because I was sure they were the same brand that I use and now I'm positive they are the same. Mine are from

http://www.thebakerskitchen.net/

Between the two companies, I now have all sizes.

I also exclusively use the brown in mini, tulip, standard, and tall. I use their white parchment greaseproof tulips (the same as the brown) for weddings.

HTH thumbs_up.gif

2sweetcookies Posted 9 Apr 2012 , 6:33pm
post #13 of 16

Ok, they are out of stock of the "standard" (2x 1/1/4). have you used the 2x 1/38"? that size seems like it is closer to the regular size, they are kind of hard to find, this site has the best prices, thank you. cant get onto the other site.

Cupcations Posted 9 Apr 2012 , 6:58pm
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sweetcookies

Ok, they are out of stock of the "standard" (2x 1/1/4). have you used the 2x 1/38"? that size seems like it is closer to the regular size, they are kind of hard to find, this site has the best prices, thank you. cant get onto the other site.

I've never tried that size before, I use 2x1-3/4. As you said the 2 x 1-3/8 is probably the closest you can get to the regular size. Mine stick almost half an inch out of the pan, I guess that depends on the pan itself too.
If you want regular size cupcakes go with the 2 x 1-3/8

Also if you have time tell Tammy to send you a sample pack and then you can know exactly what the sizes are, especially if you plan on ordering from them regularly icon_smile.gif

HTH

2sweetcookies Posted 9 Apr 2012 , 8:00pm
post #15 of 16

I just placed an order, I hope ethe shipping is fast. I really needed them before the weekend. This is such a last minute order.

scp1127 Posted 10 Apr 2012 , 4:58am
post #16 of 16

For colors, I stick to buying Reynold's in bulk. I have used their foil and the new ones that work just as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%