Need Website Feedback

Business By brenda549 Updated 6 Apr 2012 , 10:19pm by brenda549

brenda549 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brenda549 Posted 6 Apr 2012 , 1:10am
post #1 of 7

I originally built my website with WIX on their flash platform. They have now released a beta HTML5 format. With many devices not being able to use flash, I decided to create a site with the HTML5 and get some feedback.

I really like the photo gallery options available in the flash format, but I like the clean look of the HTML5.

Current Site - Flash: www.brendabakes.com

New Possibility - HTML5: www.wix.com/brendabakes/brenda_bakes

Please note: If you are using a mobile device, the flash website has a mobile version that is NOT the original flash. It is very basic.

What do you guys think about the new one compared to the old one? The content is the same. I am looking for feedback on the feel of the website (user friendly, quickly loads, etc.).

*edited to correct website

6 replies
MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 6 Apr 2012 , 2:03am
post #2 of 7

Brenda, the new site doesn't come up... But I love your copyright disclaimer. Good for you!

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 6 Apr 2012 , 2:08am
post #3 of 7

This is the correct URL for the HTML5 version:
http://www.wix.com/brendabakes/brenda_bakes

It looks pretty good, my only recommendations would be to make the tabs bigger and/or call more attention to them with a contrasting background, include your phone number and service area closer to the top of the home page, and reduce the height of the logo for all pages except the home page.

The gallery and other tabs that used to be split up are much easier to read when you can see all the content on one page.

I did notice that both sites were pretty slow, there would be a 10-20 second pause after clicking on a tab before the content showed up. This might be a Wix issue.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 6 Apr 2012 , 2:37am
post #4 of 7

Thanks Jason... The layout for Products is easier to read on the new site. Very nice updated look.

brenda549 Posted 6 Apr 2012 , 3:33am
post #5 of 7

Thanks, Jason, for catching the typo on the web address. I will work on the suggestions you made. Earlier this evening, the flash site was slow but the beta site was not. Now they are both dragging.

Mimi, a few months ago, scp1127 said I could borrow her disclaimer. So I cannot take credit for it. It came from her site, and I just changed a few things to fit my business. But I stand by it completely for the sake of my business.

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 6 Apr 2012 , 7:04pm
post #6 of 7

Brenda, You might want to do a spell check - -

Cake designs are at the descretion of Brenda Bakes.

Spelling is a major pet peeve of mine, so I usually find these. thumbs_up.gif

brenda549 Posted 6 Apr 2012 , 10:19pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks, jgifford!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%