Need Help~~Beater Blade Or Ka Flex Edge Beater Blade?

Decorating By Apti Updated 5 Apr 2012 , 3:13pm by Apti

Apti Posted 4 Apr 2012 , 3:13pm
post #1 of 6

Howdy. I've been reading a lot of reviews about Metro beater blades made of plastic that are wonderful, but often break after a year. (I have a KA tilt-head Artisan, Model KSM150PSER)

KA apparently has their version of a beater blade now, released in mid-2011. Here's the link to Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004A15870/?tag=cakecentral-20

The KA Flex Blade only has the rubber flap on one side, does it work as well? The KA Flex Blade is made of metal, not plastic, and can be washed in the dishwasher.

Here are two videos of each beater blade in action:
Here's the video on the KA Flex Blade:
http://www.shopkitchenaid.com/countertop-appliances-1/attachments-%26-accessories-2/stand-mixers-3/-%5BKFE5T%5D-400875/KFE5T/?siteReferrer=kitchenaid

Here's the Metro Beater Blade video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7jbPxO1HUQ&feature=channel

Appreciate your feedback!

5 replies
Gerle Posted 4 Apr 2012 , 6:46pm
post #2 of 6

I have the older beater blade and have had no problem with it whatsoever. I like it and it does a good job. I'm not sure about the KA brand one...seems kind of odd having the blade on only one side. The one I have scrapes the sides with every swipe, while watching the video on the KA one, it does it every other pass through the bowl (I'm not describing this right, but not sure how to word it). My preference would be the other model. I've had mine for longer than a year and it hasn't broken or not worked in any way.

Gerle Posted 4 Apr 2012 , 6:47pm
post #3 of 6

I have the older beater blade and have had no problem with it whatsoever. I like it and it does a good job. I'm not sure about the KA brand one...seems kind of odd having the blade on only one side. The one I have scrapes the sides with every swipe, while watching the video on the KA one, it does it every other pass through the bowl (I'm not describing this right, but not sure how to word it). My preference would be the other model. I've had mine for longer than a year and it hasn't broken or not worked in any way.

mbranko24 Posted 4 Apr 2012 , 7:02pm
post #4 of 6

I have the Beater blade that has been out for a while (not the KA one) and have no problem with it. however, i am a hobby baker, so I only use it every so often (unfortunately) .

scp1127 Posted 5 Apr 2012 , 6:13am
post #5 of 6

I've had both. On the Beater Blade, the one blade hits harder and the other side acts more like a regular blade. This is how it has always been. Look closely at a batter or frosting on "stir" speed and you will see that a full scraping of the bowl takes place after quite a few rotations, sort of like a Spirograph toy. I have them for all of my mixers.

The Kitchenaid is far inferior to the Beater Blade. I ended up taking mine back after a month of use and BB&B gave me a refund.

The BB blade actually conforms to your mixer bowl. All bowls are a little different and this allows for it. The Kitchenaid is more rigid, so it must have a gap at the bottom turn, even if you adjust the heigh of the bowl.

I did break a Beater Blade, but I had a 4x chocolate chip cookie recipe in it and I had to make it about 5 times in a row for an event. It finally cracked, but I did abuse it that day, as I did my poor KA Pro610.

I can't say enough good about the Beater Blade.

Apti Posted 5 Apr 2012 , 3:13pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%