Is Pillsbury's Funfetti Cake Durable?

Decorating By MarvinCakes75 Updated 3 Apr 2012 , 1:47pm by AnnieCahill

MarvinCakes75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MarvinCakes75 Posted 3 Apr 2012 , 9:29am
post #1 of 6

I've been asked to make a transit bus for a party this weekend. (This is my first cake for someone other than family). The person wants it to be funfetti cake and I'm not sure if it will be durable enough. It will probably be 3 layers of cake plus it will be covered in fondant. I've never baked this cake before nor have I
even tasted it. Please let me know if this cake mix will not work..I would hate to waste the time baking and decorating just to have it fall over. Plus if it won't work I'll have time to talk the person into a different flavor cake. Any suggestion would be helpfulicon_smile.gif Thank you!

5 replies
AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 3 Apr 2012 , 11:20am
post #2 of 6

Previously I have used the Betty Crocker Funfetti (with the WASC recipe) and it's been fine. Also, you could just add 2-3 tablespoons of colored jimmies (sprinkles) to your regular white batter to make funfetti.

Annie

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 3 Apr 2012 , 11:29am
post #3 of 6

If you add the WASC combination to the cake mix it will be just fine. And, I agree, that adding a tablespoon or two of jimmies will compensate for the added ingredients.

MarvinCakes75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MarvinCakes75 Posted 3 Apr 2012 , 11:50am
post #4 of 6

Thanks so much ladies...one last question I found the WASC recipe on CC Do I still add the vanilla and almond extract?

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 3 Apr 2012 , 1:40pm
post #5 of 6

You can add the extra vanilla and almond extract if you wish, but it isn't really needed.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 3 Apr 2012 , 1:47pm
post #6 of 6

I wouldn't use almond for that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%