I'd Love Your Ideas!

Decorating By Wildgirl Updated 4 Apr 2012 , 11:36pm by mommynana

Wildgirl Posted 2 Apr 2012 , 11:32pm
post #1 of 4

The end of this month I will be doing a cake for a friend who is having her 25th Anniversary. It only needs to feed about 40 people. She loves gardening - I was thinking of making an 11" round (I haven't checked yet to see how many that feeds - I may need another layer) and making it like a basket filled with flowers - ? I have no idea how to do a handle though, so may have to be just a basket. But I'm in the dreaming stage so I'd love to entertain other ideas if you'd like to throw them at me!

(btw, I've made other anniversary cakes and just did my first wedding cake for her daughter - but I definitely still consider myself a newbie!)

3 replies
mommynana Posted 2 Apr 2012 , 11:51pm
post #2 of 4

I made my handle out of gumpaste. http://cakecentral.com/gallery/user/mommynana/?page=2

Wildgirl Posted 3 Apr 2012 , 3:23am
post #3 of 4

Mommynana, did you do that around a wire or is it stiff enough to stand on it's own?
I really don't have any experience with gumpaste, so I'd have to start playing with it.

mommynana Posted 4 Apr 2012 , 11:36pm
post #4 of 4

Wildgril, Sorry I just saw your post, No I did`t use any wires, I just put the gumpaste/fondant throw the extruder, Then breaded , and just left it in the shape that I needed, For a few days.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%