New Business Name

Lounge By pieceofcake561 Updated 2 Apr 2012 , 4:02pm by jgifford

pieceofcake561 Posted 2 Apr 2012 , 2:52pm
post #1 of 2

I'm starting a new business and am trying to come up with the final name to be registered. I will be selling customizable cakes, cupcakes & pastries throughout town. The business will be run mainly through the internet because I do not currently have a store front.

I am debating between the names Piece of Cake Pastries or Piece of Cake Bakery. I like the name Piece of Cake Pastries because it explains precisely what will be sold. I feel that Bakery may be confused with a business that sells breads and yeast-based products.

The definition of 'bakery' is: "A place where bread and cakes are made or sold."

My company will solely be focused on non-yeast desserts (with an emphasis on cakes). At the same time, I fear that people will think to Google bakery when looking for a cake to buy & not pastries.

Any thoughts & opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! icon_biggrin.gif

1 reply
jgifford Posted 2 Apr 2012 , 4:02pm
post #2 of 2

When I think of pastries, I think of donuts, pies or baklava - not necessarily cake. But I think if you go with "Piece of Cake Bakery", the cake is in the name and folks will assume you do other things as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%