Should I Invest In A Cricut?

Decorating By mystsparkle Updated 2 Apr 2012 , 12:18pm by mystsparkle

mystsparkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mystsparkle Posted 1 Apr 2012 , 11:49pm
post #1 of 5

I dont know much about these :cricut machines. Are there different types? Im thinking investing in something to make it easier to do cuts for fondant, and damask type cakes. Is this what I want to look into? Any sites that you can direct me to would be great. I think there are 2 different types of machines out there right?

Thanks!

4 replies
sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 2 Apr 2012 , 4:12am
post #2 of 5

i would suggest you look into the Zing or the Silhoette Cameo. They dont need cartridges and i think the Zing comes with Make the cut already installed in it. This is a program where you can take clipart, font etc from the computer and make your own shapes to cut.

carolinagirlcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinagirlcakes Posted 2 Apr 2012 , 4:35am
post #3 of 5

I agree with sweetcakes... shop around and do your research. I have a Cricut and have been thinking about selling it to purchase a machine I can use clipart with. It is a pain to be restricted to the Cricut cartridges. Which I hadn't jump on board without doing research but I watched a demo and fell in love without knowing more, lol.

wildflowercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildflowercakes Posted 2 Apr 2012 , 4:54am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinagirlcakes

I agree with sweetcakes... shop around and do your research. I have a and have been thinking about selling it to purchase a machine I can use clipart with. It is a pain to be restricted to the cartridges. Which I hadn't jump on board without doing research but I watched a demo and fell in love without knowing more, lol.

Ditto If I could do it all over again I don't think I would buy a cricut.

mystsparkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mystsparkle Posted 2 Apr 2012 , 12:18pm
post #5 of 5

ok great thats what i wanted to know! I didnt know you could use clip art with the other. I think I'll look more into that one now that I know. Thanks! Are there different versions?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%