Cake For Boss Rant

Lounge By GinaJuarez Updated 11 Apr 2012 , 11:55am by PrivateNameHere

GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 1 Apr 2012 , 11:16pm
post #1 of 2

Before I start, let me just say I know it is our fault for not speaking up, and this has definitely taught us a huge lesson.

The more I think about it, the more pissed I get. My mom and I did a wedding cake 2 weeks ago that ended up being free (long story). Basically, my mom's boss stiff-armed her into make her wedding cake, then said when they first got engaged over a year ago, my mom told her that she would make the cake as a gift (because during their coversation, my mom said "we will hook you up" which she meant the friend's and family discount, not free). But mom felt she couldn't NOT do it, since this lady determines her well-being at work.

We hadn't heard anything from her, and then on Friday, she hands my mom a card and tells her thank you for making the cake, and walks away. My mom opens it, and it is a RECYCLED CHRISTMAS CARD!! Like, one of those that organizations send to you in the mail to try to get you to donate to them. And as time passes, we are finding out about more and more people she cheated too.

1 reply
PrivateNameHere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PrivateNameHere Posted 11 Apr 2012 , 11:55am
post #2 of 2

Grrr that is upsetting! I'm sorry that happened. I can't believe the nerve of some people.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%