Upside Down Cupcakes

Baking By CupcakeMamaof2 Updated 3 Apr 2012 , 10:50pm by imagenthatnj

CupcakeMamaof2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupcakeMamaof2 Posted 31 Mar 2012 , 9:04pm
post #1 of 7

I would love to make some upside down cupcake styles but have no way to box them up for delivery. Does anyone know what I could use? Is there a box insert for this?

6 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 31 Mar 2012 , 9:14pm
post #2 of 7

You could attach them to 4" circles, bag them with twist ties, and transport them in corrugated cardboard trays. It works for me when making witches hats for Halloween.

CupcakeMamaof2 Posted 2 Apr 2012 , 3:54am
post #3 of 7

Ok. I really wanted a way to box by the dz but I will give this a try. I thought I saw some plastic trays online before but can't find anything now that i want them of course. Thanks!

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 2 Apr 2012 , 12:08pm
post #4 of 7

What do you mean by upside down? Can you place them close together on a cake board?

I just viewed your Facebook page. Love your cupcakes! The slumber girl is adorable.

CupcakeMamaof2 Posted 2 Apr 2012 , 1:55pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks Mimifix! I saw this and thought it would be fun to play with this idea.

http://www.wilton.com/technique/Covering-the-Cupcake-Using-Ganache-Candy-Melts

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 2 Apr 2012 , 2:36pm
post #6 of 7

I've made little cakes by baking in large cupcake tins and turning them over, then icing the way I would ice a cake. Once they are turned upside down the cake sticks to the cake board. They don't move around the way a paper lined cupcake would slide around. (Am I describing this correctly?)

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 3 Apr 2012 , 10:50pm
post #7 of 7

I don't know how the inserts in these work, but maybe they can be reversed. Also, they're single. There seems to be other boxes in there two. Maybe worth to take a look.

http://www.clearbags.com/review/product/list/id/4901/category/431/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%