Please Help With A Peppa Pig House Cake / Tall Thin Cakes!

Decorating By fraggles Updated 3 Apr 2012 , 4:11am by msthang1224

fraggles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fraggles Posted 31 Mar 2012 , 8:17am
post #1 of 4

Hi all, as a relative beginner I need advice on how to make a Peppa Pig's house cake. The cakes I have seen on here are beautiful and I have been asked to make one similar, but the thought of making a cake 'upright' like that and keep it stable scares me. Any advice would be welcome! icon_confused.gif

3 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 1 Apr 2012 , 4:11am
post #2 of 4

Hi,

I know how scary it can look and be to do something like this BUT, its farely easy icon_smile.gif

Here is what I would do: I would make maybe a 12x16 or12x18 rectangle cake and cut into 4 pieces. I would also make a 12x12 square cake and cut that into a triangle, this will be the top of the house. Begin to stack the pieces like so:
cake/filling/cake/filling/cake board/cake/filling/cake/filling/cake board then add your sharpened dowels through all of them for extra support.
*Then stack your triangle roof and add supports as well. By this time you will know if you have enough support inside and I believe this is enough icon_smile.gif Then you crumbcoat, let set and ice as usual.

I would cover it in 2 pieces (front and back) with the sides meeting directly on the sides of the house to look like a seam. Then continue to decorate to achieve the look you want.

HTH

fraggles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fraggles Posted 2 Apr 2012 , 9:46am
post #3 of 4

Thanks

Wish me luck!

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 3 Apr 2012 , 4:11am
post #4 of 4

Good Luck!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%