Do You Think This Effect Was Buttercream Or Fondant?

Decorating By ProudMommaOwen Updated 31 Mar 2012 , 5:48am by KoryAK

ProudMommaOwen Posted 30 Mar 2012 , 9:11pm
post #1 of 9

Do I use buttercream or fondant to achieve this effect? And, how thick should I make it? It looks to just be cut into with a knife/spatula, so if I could just figure out what to use, I don't think it should be too difficult. Thank you for your help! icon_smile.gif

8 replies
Dayti Posted 30 Mar 2012 , 9:20pm
post #2 of 9

I would say it was buttercream or a whipped cream type frosting, just because of the peaks at the top edge. Scored with a knife or spatula, yes.

Rose_N_Crantz Posted 30 Mar 2012 , 9:21pm
post #3 of 9

That looks like buttercream to me. I think they just used a skewer to drag the pattern.

ProudMommaOwen Posted 30 Mar 2012 , 9:23pm
post #4 of 9

great! Thank you both so much for the input!! I'm going to practice this weekend (the wedding isn't until the 14th), but wanted some other input to help me along. Haven't ever done this type before.

pennyemer Posted 30 Mar 2012 , 9:29pm
post #5 of 9

wow, that is pretty how they did the frosting!

cakeyouverymuch Posted 30 Mar 2012 , 10:34pm
post #6 of 9
ProudMommaOwen Posted 31 Mar 2012 , 2:35am
post #7 of 9

Oh, thank you!!! I tried to find this, but the girl who gave me the pic didn't have the link, she just put it on a cd.

daprincessnora Posted 31 Mar 2012 , 4:08am
post #8 of 9

I love it ! I have a feeling that its more whipped cream than butter cream,mgood luck and waiting for yours !

KoryAK Posted 31 Mar 2012 , 5:48am
post #9 of 9

Really! I would have sworn it was SMBC. Anyway, it's a beautiful effect.

For future reference, you can drag any photo into the regular google search box and it will scour the web for that photo. Then you can maybe find the original source with more info, like the pp was able to get icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%