Hello My Cake Friends, I Have Missed You All.

Lounge By tesso Updated 18 Apr 2012 , 10:32am by scp1127

tesso Posted 29 Mar 2012 , 2:12pm
post #1 of 5

I just wanted to send a shout out to all my cake friends, hoping that you are doing well and are happily baking your little hearts out.

I've had a few set backs in my recovery from my illness in fall 2010, but I am finally on the mend. And am so excited that in two weeks I will be making my first cake in 17 months. Lordy I have missed cake decorating. It is a small cake for a dear friend, but it is quite a leap and bound for me to be able to decorate again.

For many months I had lost the feeling in my right hand and had very severe hand cramps any time I grasped and object with a hint of firmness.I am right handed which does not bode well for flower making, or taking cakes out of oven..etc.. you get the picture

Bless my niece she going to knead all the MMF for me and do the roll outs. We are both excited about this arrangement and are looking forward to making this cake. I will let you all know how it goes and will post pic when done.

Happy baking to all. I cant wait to catch up with you all.

4 replies
poohsmomma Posted 29 Mar 2012 , 2:49pm
post #2 of 5

I was on CC just the other night and was wondering about you. I used to see your posts so often, and being a fellow Kentuckian, you felt like a friend. I knew about your health issues, but then with no updates for so long, I was worried. So glad to hear you're back. Glad your niece is your "right hand" man, so to speak. Can't wait to hear more from you.

kakeladi Posted 29 Mar 2012 , 10:36pm
post #3 of 5

How good to hear you are on the mend! icon_smile.gif That's been a long journey.

cakelady2266 Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 3:55am
post #4 of 5

Glad you are on the mend and back on CC....

scp1127 Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 10:32am
post #5 of 5

Glad you are better.

Quote by @%username% on %date%