? Re:baking Bread / Convection Oven

Lounge By cakeyouverymuch Updated 29 Mar 2012 , 1:56pm by cakeyouverymuch

cakeyouverymuch Posted 29 Mar 2012 , 1:44am
post #1 of 5

Since the move I've been using the stove left by the previous owner. I've used the convection setting for roasting meats, but I haven't yet used it for baking. I normally bake my bread (1.5 lb loaves) at 400 F for 10 minutes, then 350 F for 15 mins. If I use the convection setting what would I do differently time and temperature wise? TIA

4 replies
cakeyouverymuch Posted 29 Mar 2012 , 3:26am
post #2 of 5

Anyone?

scp1127 Posted 29 Mar 2012 , 7:41am
post #3 of 5

I think you are just going to have to get used to your oven. My convection was made for baking so it was easy.

In general, still keep an independent thermometer in there and bake about 25 degrees cooler for each one. The time may be a bit shorter, but still, every oven is different. I have four KitchenAid ovens and the all bake slightly differently.

Hope this helps.

scp1127 Posted 29 Mar 2012 , 7:42am
post #4 of 5

I think you are just going to have to get used to your oven. My convection was made for baking so it was easy.

In general, still keep an independent thermometer in there and bake about 25 degrees cooler for each one. The time may be a bit shorter, but still, every oven is different. I have four KitchenAid ovens and the all bake slightly differently.

Hope this helps.

cakeyouverymuch Posted 29 Mar 2012 , 1:56pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%